Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Bug Bite welts

Hey guys,

My wedding is in 5 days-yesterday I discovered that while out for my bachelorette I must have gotten bitten by bugs and now have about a dozen red welts on arms and face and legs. I have very sensitive skin and am also very pale so the welts are really standing out.
DO any of you have any cures for the big red welts and how to get them to go away FAST

they are also super itchy and driving me crazy!
thanks for your help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bug Bite welts

• Options
    Go to your dermatologist right away.
  • Options
    DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT scratch at them. This will only make it worse. Use an icepack to numb the areas affected and it will help the inflammation some. Try taking an antihistimine like Benadryl and apply Hydrocortisone cream to the area. I've also had a lot of luck with Solarcaine, which is for sunburns.

I also recommend seeing a dermatologist to see if they have any professional recommendations for the redness.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second all of these suggestions!

I am super-allergic to mosquitoes, so when I get the bites they turn bright red and swell up (like the size of baseball sticking out of my arm or leg), and I take baking-soda baths which seems to help.

And no scratching!!!  Best piece of advice, even if it is the hardest to follow.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, so far I have taken benadryl and tried making a bakingsoda paste (that one just made a mess everywhere) the swelling is going down but they have a long way to go.
    the not scratching part is by far the worst!

I have a doctors appointment today anyways so I am going to see if I canget some hydrocortisone (sp?) cream
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just as an added note, just in case they done go away and the redness remains til the day of your wedding, go to a making counter or sephora and have them match to you a really good concealer. That way you can at least cover them up if theyre still there
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!

I went to the doctors office yesterday and he prescribed me temovate which is a high potency corticosteriod. its not something i want to use regularly but i think it is working as the bumps are really going down.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards