Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Veil at Reception - On or Off?

How many of you took your veils off at the reception? Is that the way to go? I don't know what to do because I am going to get my hair done with the veil and the jeweled comb put in right over the veil, but that will mean I'll have to leave the veil in all night. I am thinking about how I'll feel about that...maybe I need to entertain other ideas so that I can take off my veil?

What are everyone's thoughts on that? I'm sure it's a personal decision, but do some people leave them in all day and night?

Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Veil at Reception - On or Off?

• Options
    I did a half up with a comb over the veil.  My MUA put it on where all I had to do was slip off the veil from underneath so that was what I planned.  But to be honest, everything was so crazy, I never got the time to do even that!  When I finally went to our room to powder my nose after dinner, I just decided at that point to leave it on since my veil was short and how often do you get to wear a wedding veil anyway?

If my veil had been long though, then that would have been another story.  Here is a picture of my MUA putting my comb on--at the end of the night, I slipped the veil off easily from underneath it.

• Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I took my veil off on the way to the reception because I kept leaning on it in the limo and it would pull my hair. It depends on how long the veil is and if it will be in your way or not.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I took it off during the reception when it got in the way of my mouth while I was trying to drink.  Priorities!
  • Options
    I had a fingertip veil and wore it all night.  Not that I meant to but I was so caught up it didn't even cross my mind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine was taken off after a few pictures after our ceremony.  I took it off right before our Big Entrance as Mr. & Mrs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I plan on taking mine off after the pictures and before the reception. Mine is easy to take in and out, there is a comb that slides into the top part of my updo
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm having two veils...not like a 2 tiered veil- like 2 seperate veils.  One will go above my updo and one below.  The one below will be put in and stay there.  The one above my updo will be in for the ceremony and pictures and then will come out.   My mom is making my veil, but I've heard other bridal shops accomodate this too, but we're putting elastic loops in the veil rather than a comb.  This way your hair stylist can simply bobby pin the veil in and you won't have to worry about messing up your expensive do trying to pull out a comb.  (I have fine hair so I know it would be hard getting a comb out without messing up the do).  :) 

They look like this (Most veils I've seen from craft stores also have these loops too)-  Hope it helps! :) 

ok- not gold but you get the idea....  This is what the ones from the craft stores I've seen look like...

This website was also helpful for me too:  http://theflirtyguide.com/pages_FAQ/FAQ_how_to_choose_a_bridal_veil.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards