Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Short, short hair!

I cannot find pictures of hairstyles for ladies with very short hair anywhere...even Google searches give me people with shoulder length hair, which I don't have.

Any suggestions as to where to go? Who can I write a suggeston to The Knot to do a short hair spread? Surely I am not the only bride with short hair looking for suggestions?

Re: Short, short hair!

• Options
    How short is your hair exactly?  Would something like these work?  FYI, I found these by doing a search for "short wedding hair" on Pinterest.  These were within the first 4 that showed up, there were many, many more.  Definitely worth looking into for you!  :)

short wedding hair  Short wedding hair...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My hair is usually short, too.  I will be cutting it for the wedding and wearing fingerwaves - if I can find someone who knows how to make them.  What is the texture of your hair and how do your normally wear it?  What are your dress and overall wedding vibe like?

I was thinking you might want to wear it sleek, parted to one side and wear a flower.
  • Options
    I have a pixie cut, so I definitely understand short, short hair.
    I have gone to google and clicked on the images tab and then typed in pixie cut wedding hair.  It doesn't come up with any wedding hairstyles but it does have a lot of actresses photos with short hair.
    My hair is Emma Watson/Michelle Williams cut and length, so I will be wearing a beaded headband with a haircomb veil attached at the top/crown of my head.  So I'm actually wearing two headpieces - the headband toward the front to go across the top of my head and then attach the veil toward the back.
    I really hope that helps!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a pixie cut, too! My hair is naturally wavy - I'm still not sure if I'm going to leave it natural or flat iron it sleek and straight. The wedding's in Mexico, so we'll see what my hair does in the humidity. For the wedding I'm making a flower hairclip with a birdcage veil. The clip will go on the side - I'm a little worried about not having enough hair to hold it securely in place, but since I'm making it myself I have a little more control (using alligator clips instead of the combs that I see on lots of the hairpieces at bridal shops). I searched for images of super short bridal hair too, and didn't find much. At least I won't have to pay someone to do my hair! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_short-short-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:702bc472-2bbe-4bd4-96f0-db3e36abbbcaPost:8bf4d0e6-6fdf-45ed-a6d0-a97bcedb05e8">Re: Short, short hair!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My hair is usually short, too.  I will be cutting it for the wedding and wearing fingerwaves - if I can find someone who knows how to make them.  What is the texture of your hair and how do your normally wear it?  What are your dress and overall wedding vibe like? I was thinking you might want to wear it sleek, parted to one side and wear a flower.
    Posted by ndearmond[/QUOTE]

I would try the local beauty school, finger waves are a lost art, but I know that I had to learn them in school, there are always one or two girls who are amazing at them, and the teacher / director could lead you in the right direction.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards