Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Gel Nails

So I got my nails done for my bday a few weeks ago. Acrylic tips and gel...cool. Less than 4 days later, the nails were starting to pull up in the corners of the bed. I chipped one off, and 2 fell off. So I bought a gel kit and fixed them last week. Some of them (even the original) are pulling up again. Anyone have this issue?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gel Nails

• Are you exposing them to extreme  heat? I had this problem when I carved the turkey at Thanksgiving, and the steam made the gel peel up. Had no problems before that. No ideas to fix it, though. I heard if they are not set under the light long enough that can happen.
  • I've had gel nails twice now and each time I had issues with the corners - they are so thick- and when I had my nails under the light - the polish kind of pooled a bit on the sides and it just got gross.  I'm never doing them again - for the price they should be amazing. :)
  • Weird!  I actually just got my first gel manicure 9 days ago, and haven't had any problems at all.  In fact, there's only one small chip in one nail, which is amazing considering I run an auto repair shop (this is why I don't normally get my nails done).  IDK why the corners would be lifting up unless you were exposing to extreme heat like PP said.  Maybe the polish didn't cure correctly?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I ONLY get Gel nails -- have for over 2 years and have NEVER had a problem -- until I went to a place who's lights weren't new -- and it was just a gel overlay -- and not actual building up of gel.  It may be the way they did the gel -- from the sound of it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yeah, try a different nail salon. My gels lasted for weeks in perfect condition.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards