Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

makeup question??

I dont wear makeup on a daily basis and if going out usually only put on some eyeliner and lipstick.....

i have been told i should get it done for my wedding though.....

i just dont want to not look like me.....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: makeup question??

• Options
    ceh789ceh789 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    I voted getting a trial, but when you do, and before you make a decision - take some pictures of yourself in natual light with the pro make up and then some with make up done by yourself.  It's in the photos that you'll really see the difference.
  • Options
    I wish I could vote for 2. Definitely do it, but you must have a trial, like PP said. If you or a friend has a really great high quality camera, use that to take the pictures in. Remember that things do translate differently on camera.
  • Options

My 15 year old daughter was my BM and had never worn makeup until my wedding day.  My MUA did a very light airbrush makeup application on her and she looked beautiful and just like herself.  You can definitely get a professional flawless look that is great for pictures and still look natural.

• Options

You're kind of a in a tough place, because if you don't do your own makeup regularly then odds are you shouldn't be doing it yourself for your wedding day, but it will also be tough to find someone who can do a good natural look.  I did all kinds of makeup trials for my wedding, but lots of makeup girls are makeup happy, so it is difficult to find someone that will do lighter coverage and neutral colors.  Just be very explicit in what you want.  I think you definitely need a trial.  I would look for photos of what you like that way they have a clear picture of what you're looking for.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Go to a makeup counter or Sephora or some place like that and have them do a make-over on you and teach you tricks. Bring your MOH or other friend(s) to watch, especially if they are big into makeup. You'll have to buy some things, but this way you can do your own make up on the day, have more control over how you like, and save moolah. 
    Two Drifters Off To See The World...
  • Options

thank you so much for all the great ideas and advise....i actually just got a free makeup  coupon in the mail from sephora so i am going to go there one of these days and see how it goes :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wear a white or ivory shirt when you go. Also, bring pictures that you ripped out of magazines show the mua. After mup is applied take lots if pictures in different lighting to see how it looks. Good luck. Clinique counter might be another option. They have a product that is a tinted moisturizer which won't be heavy on your skin. Top that with a little blush, which you could stroke on your eyelids also for a touch of color, then some black waterproof mascara a Chubby Stick Clinique lipstick its colored chapstick to finish off the look : Good luck.
  • Options
    Trial run and see how.it goes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards