Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Do I put my wedding dress on first or put on makeup first?

Hi Everyone!

I'm getting married in six days and I have a hair and makeup appointment scheduled for the day of the wedding. Out of curiosity....should I get dressed first and then have my hair and makeup done or do the hair and makeup first and CAREFULLY put on my wedding dress?

Re: Do I put my wedding dress on first or put on makeup first?

• Options
    They told me to do my hair and makeup then step into the dress rather than pull it over my head.  If that's an optino for you, that's what I'd recommend
  • Options
    Makeup and hair FIRST, then step into your dress.  Risking getting makeup on the dress would make my stomach turn.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    62 have been invited image
    35 will be the in body image
    27 will be there in spirit image
    RSVP Date: May 26th, 2012
  • Options
    If you have a dress that has to go over your head, have a towel or something loosely hanging over your face so you don't smudge.  Whomever is holding the dress to help you will have to help navigate the dress around your hair. If you still have a fitting left I would take a couple BM's and practice getting into the dress without touching your hair much.  GL and congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think I would prefer getting makeup on the inside of my dress instead of the outside! Funny how many little things you have to figure out at the last second!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    My dress is very fitted, so it's going to have to go over my head. I hope my bridesmaids will enjoy groping and pushing my body and head every which way to avoid a mishap.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_do-i-put-my-wedding-dress-on-first-or-put-on-makeup-first?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:762792d2-0035-4c72-a77d-9e6644642a27Post:d39210b2-316b-4752-8d36-24867a4855c5">Re: Do I put my wedding dress on first or put on makeup first?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dress is very fitted, so it's going to have to go over my head. <strong>I hope my bridesmaids will enjoy groping and pushing my body and head every which way to avoid a mishap.
    </strong>Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

this made me lol.  But to answer OP, I would put your dress on afterwards that way nothing gets on it.  Plus, if you're having hair and/or makeup done offsite somewhere else, then you don't have to run around town in your wedding dress all day (which is fun, under the right circumstances, but probably not for sitting in to get hair/makeup done). 

All I gotta say is, thank God I can step into my dress!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    You could put the dress on, then a towel or old shirt over it to do the makeup and hair.  If you have to pull it on over your head, that seems the easiest way to do it.  Mine is a corset and skirt, so I'll have the corset on first with a button-down shirt over that to do my hair and makeup.

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

• Options
    Makeup first.

• Options
    I would definitely do makeup first so you don't get it on the dress (I'm always brushing powder and brush bristles off my shirt when I'm doing my makeup in the morning).  If your dress has to go over your head, I would discuss with your hairstylist whether you should put it on before or after doing your hair.  I don't know what I'm going to do yet since my dress definitely has to go on over the head (very full slip) and I'm planning to go to a salon for my hair appointment!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards