Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Help with day of schedule

OK, so it seems as though I have plenty of time on the day of...

My wedding arrival time is around 4:45 with about an 8 minute drive from hotel.

Hair will be done about 20 minutes from my hotel.

Make-up will be done at the hotel.  (She will be doing make-up for three others, as well.)

Mom or seamstress will button me into dress.

I have diabetes and will need a snack.

I am accustomed to a nap (before or) after lunch.

So, what order do these things usually happen in?  I know hair and make-up time allowance will be better determined by trials, but I'd like to have an idea of how to schedule it all, especially the order or hair, make-up, and getting dressed.

Thanks!
Nico

Re: Help with day of schedule

• Options
    kitty02katkitty02kat member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    can you do:
     lunch at 11
    nap at 12
    travel to hair at 1 (wear something zip-up or button up so you can get out of your clothes without messing up your pretty hair)
    hair at 1:20
    makeup at the hotel at 3:00
    Makeup done at 4
    get into dress from 4-415
    quiet time/fluff time (in case things go over) from 4:15-4:35
    leave for the ceremony at 4:35?
  • Options
    This sounds perfectly reasonable.  I know...plenty of time, but I was really curious about the sequence and this one makes sense to me.

Thanks!
  • Options
    kitty02katkitty02kat member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

NP :)  I hope your day is AMAZING :)

• Options

Lunch/hair/makeup/dress would be the order.  I would allow a little more time to dress--you will also need to put on your jewelry, garter, shoes, etc.  I say 20 minutes minimum to dress.  4 people having makeup done with one stylist will take about 2 hours (30 min. each).  And definitely pad the time allowing at least 15 min. more than you think you will need.

• Options
    hate to break it to you but i doubt your body would even let you take a nap on your wedding day, you are going to be so excited and nervous i dont think you will be able to nap anyway
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Trust me, with the medication I take, I have not had a day without a nap in years.  Day or night, I can sleep through just about anything and I know that I will need it to sustain me through the evening and minimize meltdowns when faced with the unexpected.  My mind and body don't know how not to nap!  This is the most important part of my beauty routine for the day.

And, if it doesn't happen, I will sit in the jacuzzi tub in my room and hydrate and eat nourishing foods and breathe deeply.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards