Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Bikini area waxing...

Hi all

So I'm just asking.. is it normal/acceptable these days to just tidy up your bikini line nicely but leave everything else as is? 
Frank opinions pls- thanks fellow knotties! All the best!

Re: Bikini area waxing...

• Options
    you mean like not tidy up your legs, arms etc??  im confused...
  • Options
    that's what a bikini wax is... tidying up the bikini line.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    i mean like getting a brazillian or something.... not really into that i dont think though.
  • Options
    i think it's personal choice as far as grooming goes in such a personal area, but as long as your tidy there it's what your comfy with
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    do whatever the heck you like. no one is going to see that area except your new husband and your gyno. so if you don't want a Brazilian, then don't get one. as a nurse, I've seen everything. and no grooming at all is a hell of a lot more common than people think.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_bikini-area-waxing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:7c30f01d-255c-4d6e-a948-4ed3473d09d9Post:d0273944-6836-441d-9e02-b9da359e40f3">Re: Bikini area waxing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]do whatever the heck you like. no one is going to see that area except your new husband and your gyno. so if you don't want a Brazilian, then don't get one. as a nurse, I've seen everything.<strong> and no grooming at all is a hell of a lot more common than people think.</strong>
    Posted by pooh8402[/QUOTE]

ewww. I def opt for grooming of some sort! haha. as far as the brazilian goes, not necessary if you don't want. Just make sure you trim and wax/shave the bikini line. I would recommend shaving/waxing more just for the increased sensation, but that's just me. :) haven't had a bikini or brazilian wax done, but I think I will be getting a brazilian for the wedding/honeymoon.
  • Options
    I had a brazilian and it was horribly painful!  bikini wax and just trim up the rest yourself
  • Options
    oh I've had the waxing done and the first time is pretty painful but it's less so the more you go.  IMO it's worth it but def a personal choice
  • Options

a lot of salons offer a new service called a French bikini or LA strip. Most of the hair is removed except for a strip in front.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Trini Bride
  • Options
    I get brazilians and the do hurt, but its not that bad to me.  Where I go is super quick, like less then 15 min.  I was thinking of getting some bling for the wedding night, they have swarovski crystals they do designs with.  No idea what yet, but I'm sure they have plenty of ideas.  I've never done it before.  I hope they stay on!  
  • Options
    I think its a personal choice. Im having a brazilian done for my wedding, I had a test run about a month ago and honestly its totally worth it. I have no pain tolerance either, but it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it did hurt, but even the beautician was suprised at how well I handled it for being a first timer. And the good thing is it hurts less and less the more you do it.
  • Options
    PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    You're asking what's acceptable to do with your pubes? Dude, whatever the eff you want.

I've gotten brazillians from three salons. Two were great- quick, professional, not very painful. Went to one of them on a regular basis.

#3, I got done by a Russian chick that said "Vee don't do veryy many ov theese!". The process took like 50 minutes and hurt so bad. She didn't have me switch positions to get the back end. Somehow she got it in her head that pressing down after ripping the paper off helps with the pain, so I almost got fisted. When she was "done" she started plucking stray hairs but I was in so much pain by then I said I'd just do it myself later, thinking there were just a few. Nope, not even close to all the hair was gone.

So, be careful. But bikini line shouldn't be a big deal no matter where you go. Just be sure to do it a couple days beforehand. But really, do whatever you're comfortable with. I know somebody that got a merkin for a bachelorette gift and she surprised her hub with it later... lol.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • Options
    We have a waxing parlor in Castro Valley and we get lots of brides that come in for either beazillians or just basic bikini as well as eyebrows at least a few days before their wedding.

http://www.waxcraft.net
  • Options
    if you don't want to wax just shave....i use his razor to do it with (i know ewwww) but it gets much closer lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wwnbw... damn straight that's gross!  He puts that on his FACE!

FYI... if you do go brazillian.... take a couple asprin an hour before you go.  Makes a big difference.
  • Options
    but he puts his face in it :p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hahaha wwnbw I really just LOL at that. I use his razor too. I agree its definitely a closer shave. :) he doesnt mind.  I done brazilian...love it and def doing before wedding. But its a personal preferance.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_bikini-area-waxing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:7c30f01d-255c-4d6e-a948-4ed3473d09d9Post:0b4c1d36-e301-4c1b-a76d-46175b05b4dd">Re: Bikini area waxing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]but he puts his face in it :p
    Posted by wwnbw[/QUOTE]
    thanks for this. I was going to say this, but thought I would get crickets.

• Options
    I went out and got one of the Schick shavers with the electric razor on one end and a normal razor on the other end.  It was about $10 and it does a good job.  I'm definately not one for waxing that area though.
  • Options
    I waxed that area myself last summer with a way-too-expensive kit. I did strip number one and I swear that I saw stars. Way too painful to do on your own. I went to a salon (after working up the nerve) a few weeks after that and have been going ever since. Love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards