Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Clinique liquid foundation

Alright Clinique ladies...

Usually I'm a bareminerals kind of girl, but am looking to use a liquid for the big day for a little extra coverage...

But which liquid is best?
I've heard great reviews from both the Superfit and the Dewey Smooth...

what's your take?

Re: Clinique liquid foundation

• Options
    I worked as a makeup artist for 5 years and never once had a foundation magically change colors because of oily skin. 

I love Superfit foundation, I have oily skin and the color has never changed on me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have used the superfit for a long time and I love it! It depends on how your skin is though. My skin gets oily as the day goes by. What I love abotu the superfit is, I will be sitting at my desk feeling like I must be shiny but when I look in the mirror I'm not! LOL. So it absorbs it really well!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_clinique-liquid-foundation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:8a2ab250-da9d-4b69-bca8-035b7ea430f1Post:9032d07b-c02d-4780-ae72-b9d888fe787a">Re: Clinique liquid foundation</a>:
    [QUOTE]I worked as a makeup artist for 5 years and never once had a foundation magically change colors because of oily skin.  I love Superfit foundation, I have oily skin and the color has never changed on me. 
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

Well as somebody who works for Clinique and does make-overs with superfit on a regular basis, I  have seen it turn orange on women. Especially if you have fair skin. Does this happen to everyone? No. Its something you can see pretty fast, but I just wanted to let her know that it could happen and to have a trial run first.

I am not knocking Clinique, they have wonderful make-up.
    Jen
  • Options
    If it's turning orange, you're using the wrong color. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also women with fair skin should usually wear a foundation with a yellow base, not pink.  A pink base will look orange because it's not the right tone. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I used Superfit for a while, but I had problems finding a decent base color -- I use Perfectly Real now, and I've never had a problem with it matching, even changing colors through seasons. And it holds up, I would say, just as well as the Superfit ever did. It may be worth a try.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards