Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair Trial

Is it typical to charge as much for the trial as the actual wedding day?   My hairdresser is charging me 50 dollars for my trial up do.  The same price as my wedding day.    

I am thinking of skipping the trial.  She booked me as her last appointment of the day so I will basically get my hair done, go home, and go to bed.  It seems like kind of a waste of money.  Is this a bad idea?

Advice Please.

Have to post and run will check back later.
Thanks

Re: Hair Trial

• My stylist also charges full price to do a trial run, however, she doesn't charge anything to come in and talk to her about what I want, show her pictures and let her see my hair, etc, so that is the route I am going. I disagree with how expensive all this stuff is anyways so I wasn't going to pay twice as much. I want a simple style and I have natural curls to work with so I don't think it'll be very difficult.
    So maybe see if your stylist will let you just come talk with her, I feel like it will help a lot, at least she will have an idea of what she's working with and what I want. HTH.

• It's really just $50... I'd cough up the dough and KNOW what to expect on my wedding day rather than just hope for the best and potentially have crummy hair...

Good luck
  • The woman who is doing my hair for my wedding has been doing my hair for like 7 years now, and I still went an had a trial, even though I knew I would love anything she did.  All I did afterwards was go to my fitting.  I think a trial is important to make sure you and your stylist are on the same page, that she can recreate looks you like, and that you like the creation she comes up with based upon pictures and what you say you like, and what can be done with your hair.

Your wedding pictures will, hopefully, be treasured for a lifetime.  I wouldn't want to leave anything to chance.
  • Thanks everyone for the great advice. 
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2009
    She is giving you the same service--why wouldn't she charge you the same price?

I agree with PP--do the trial.  You won't regret it.  Why a bride would want to risk being unhappy with how she looks on the most photographed day of her life is beyond me.
  • Yeah, I agree with everyone else.  I think seeing a picture and actually seeing the style on you are two totally different things.  And trust me, it'll be less nerve racking for all parties involved if you just break  down and do the trial.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards