Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Which is first - makeup or hair?

On the day of the wedding, should I get my makeup done first, then my hair, or vice versa? I had a trial run for my makeup this weekend, and the MUA recommended I get my makeup done first. She said brides who get their hair done first will often have hair spray hit their face and it will make it harder for the makeup to be applied well. The reason I ask is because back when I got my makeup and hair done for Prom in high school, I always remember getting my hair done first and then getting makeup as the finishing touch. Any recommendations/advice one way or the other? Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Which is first - makeup or hair?

• If you are worried about hair spray on your face, wipe off your face before you start your make up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hair first. You can easily hold a tissue or something over your face while your hair is being sprayed so it doesn't get on your face if you really think it's going to be a problem. You could also cleanse your face after you have your hair done.
  • Hair first - wouldn't you rather have your makeup as fresh as possible before pictures?

Also, if hair spray did lets say, accidentally get in your eye? That would ruin the makeup that was just applied anyways.
  • I've always heard that you should do you hair first.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hair first, absolutely.  That's how we always did it in theater productions, and I think it's valid here too.  My makeup artist also said to have my hair done first.  And at least for me, I'm going to have my hairdresser wash my hair before she does it, and I wouldn't want to have water splashed on my makeup!  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_which-is-first-makeup-or-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:94f501d0-18f6-4c74-8bfe-ad8f3e6f99dbPost:7a6dafe1-05b6-408c-a691-f8fd98e2072d">Re: Which is first - makeup or hair?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hair first - <strong>wouldn't you rather have your makeup as fresh as possible before pictures?</strong> Also, if hair spray did lets say, accidentally get in your eye? That would ruin the makeup that was just applied anyways.
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]

Exactly - thanks everyone! I really appreciate the input and you all have validated what I was thinking. Just hoping both go okay on the day of...
    Anniversary
  • As a makeup artist I always suggest having hair done first. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards