Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Queen of Diamonds?

Has anyone heard of or used Queen of Diamonds for hair and/or makeup? They appear to operate nationwide. I can't find reviews anywhere.

They are offering a deal that just seems too good to be true. $300 for bride hair, hair trial and makeup plus hair and makeup for 4 members of the party.

Here's their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/MyQueenOfDiamonds

Re: Queen of Diamonds?

• Hi! I am wondering the same thing. Did you happen to find out any information? Thanks!
  • Nope! Nobody seems to know... I think I'm going to steer clear. Too bad.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_queen-of-diamonds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:9f92ee40-7b6a-49e5-8495-4467889abc7cPost:040006c0-143f-4afc-934d-c81aa0f1cc6d">Re: Queen of Diamonds?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I am wondering the same thing. Did you happen to find out any information? Thanks!
    Posted by twotim45[/QUOTE]
  • I was also searching for some information on this deal, I could only find two reviews... 1 review gave it five stars, and another gave it 1 star and they had a lot of problems with it, so I am not sure what to think, it sounds like an awesome deal but with having to pay the $300 upfront that makes me a bit nervous.
  • I am thinking of booking. I spoke with the owner directly and she explained her business, cost, etc, to me via phone. She is very professional and experienced. Check out the website: http://www.myqueenofdiamonds.com/  Call her with your questions as it might help you to make your decision!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_queen-of-diamonds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:9f92ee40-7b6a-49e5-8495-4467889abc7cPost:26b66bcc-dfb8-4464-800f-ea6588372358">Queen of Diamonds?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone heard of or used Queen of Diamonds for hair and/or makeup? They appear to operate nationwide. I can't find reviews anywhere. They are offering a deal that just seems too good to be true. $300 for bride hair, hair trial and makeup plus hair and makeup for 4 members of the party. Here's their facebook page: <a href="https://www.facebook.com/MyQueenOfDiamonds" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/MyQueenOfDiamonds</a>
    Posted by jenine628[/QUOTE]

DO NOT USE QUEEN OF DIAMONDS! SHE IS A RIP OFF AND USE OTHER MAKE UP ARTISTS TO WORK FOR HER AND NOT PAY THEM! HOW SHE GETS TO YOU IS BY EMAIL SWEET TALKING THAT SHE LOVES YOUR WORK AND WANTS YOU TO JOIN HER TEAM AND SHE WILL PUT YOU ON PAYROLL BUT IT IS ALL A LIE!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! JESSICA V IS A FAKE!!! SHE ONLY WANTS FAME TO USE YOUR TALENT! DON’T BE FOOLED!
    PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES!! ALL THE HARD WORK TO MAKE YOU BEAUTIFUL AND SHE DOESN'T PAY YOU STATING YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE HER COMPANY IS NOT A REAL COMPANY???? SCAM!
  • sjohnson123sjohnson123 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_queen-of-diamonds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:9f92ee40-7b6a-49e5-8495-4467889abc7cPost:040006c0-143f-4afc-934d-c81aa0f1cc6d">Re: Queen of Diamonds?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I am wondering the same thing. Did you happen to find out any information? Thanks!
    Posted by twotim45[/QUOTE]

DO NOT USE QUEEN OF DIAMONDS! SHE IS A RIP OFF AND USE OTHER MAKE UP ARTISTS TO WORK FOR HER AND NOT PAY THEM! HOW SHE GETS TO YOU IS BY EMAIL SWEET TALKING THAT SHE LOVES YOUR WORK AND WANTS YOU TO JOIN HER TEAM AND SHE WILL PUT YOU ON PAYROLL BUT IT IS ALL A LIE!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! JESSICA V IS A FAKE!!! SHE ONLY WANTS FAME TO USE YOUR TALENT! DON’T BE FOOLED!
    PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES!! ALL THE HARD WORK TO MAKE YOU BEAUTIFUL AND SHE DOESN'T PAY YOU STATING YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE HER COMPANY IS NOT A REAL COMPANY???? SCAM!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_queen-of-diamonds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:9f92ee40-7b6a-49e5-8495-4467889abc7cPost:a90d0dc2-66e1-4133-8ccf-7c09ef24c1ae">Re: Queen of Diamonds?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was also searching for some information on this deal, I could only find two reviews... 1 review gave it five stars, and another gave it 1 star and they had a lot of problems with it, so I am not sure what to think, it sounds like an awesome deal but with having to pay the $300 upfront that makes me a bit nervous.
    Posted by chadandren[/QUOTE]

• DO NOT USE QUEEN OF DIAMONDS! SHE IS A RIP OFF AND USE OTHER MAKE UP ARTISTS TO WORK FOR HER AND NOT PAY THEM! HOW SHE GETS TO YOU IS BY EMAIL SWEET TALKING THAT SHE LOVES YOUR WORK AND WANTS YOU TO JOIN HER TEAM AND SHE WILL PUT YOU ON PAYROLL BUT IT IS ALL A LIE!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! JESSICA V IS A FAKE!!! SHE ONLY WANTS FAME TO USE YOUR TALENT! DON’T BE FOOLED!

PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES!! ALL THE HARD WORK TO MAKE YOU BEAUTIFUL AND SHE DOESN'T PAY YOU STATING YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE HER COMPANY IS NOT A REAL COMPANY???? SCAM! SHE WILL PROBABLY TAKE OFF WITH YOUR UPFRONT $ TOO!

• DO NOT USE!

I wanted to inform you that you have been referring a vendor that is a scam. I have filed a dispute with the Better Business Bureau and I am going to be writing reviews on all wedding websites to make sure Brides do not work with them and do not have the experience I had.

In September I found the Wedding Vibe deal with My Queen of Diamonds that seemed too good to be true. I have never used a vendor or service without reading a review, and when I initially researched the company, My Queen of Diamonds had a 5 star rating. At the beginning, Jessica (the owner) was great. Very easy to get a hold of and answered the many questions I had. Once I paid in full (my mistake from the beginning) she was very difficult to get a hold of. I had planned to do my hair and makeup trial in late December and even though we went back and forth many times over email; it wasn’t too difficult to get the appointment set up. The day I was supposed to have my hair and makeup trial, no one ever showed up. After trying to get a hold of the company and Jessica all morning, I finally did and she claimed that it was put in the calendar for 2013 instead of 2012. She offered to credit me $150 and we would get a reschedule right away. I live in Maryland, but was getting married in Arizona which was where I wanted my trial over the holidays. Since they are a nationwide company, she said someone would be able to come out and do my trial in Maryland so we made an appointment for Feb 3rd. I confirmed the appointment multiple times leading up to it. On the morning of, she texted me, didn’t even call, and said she was actually going to be in Baltimore the following weekend for a photo-shoot and wanted to know if I would like for her to personally do my trial. I was really sick with the flu so I didn't care too much at that point which was my own fault and just said ok so we scheduled for the exact same time the following weekend. I confirmed with her constantly throughout the whole week again. The day before our appointment, I confirmed with her once more and she said she was having a hard time getting into town because of the snow storms in the northeast but she promised she would be there the next day no matter what. Well shame on me, because Sunday morning I get a text an hour before my trial saying she still wasn't in town and was scheduled to be in Baltimore by 8pm that night. She said she could reschedule for anytime that week that worked with my schedule. I scheduled the appt for Tuesday afternoon assuming we would have to be rescheduling every day that week until she actually showed. On the day of our appointment, I wait around until 30 minutes after our apt time and then called to find out why she hadn’t showed up and I could tell she ignored my call, but it wouldn't even go to voicemail. I tried a couple more times and the same thing happened so then I called from my work number and left a very calm but stern message saying “how unprofessional she was, that she has 7 other girls counting on her not including myself and that I'm worried she wasn’t going to show up on the day of the wedding, so is there someone more reliable I can be connected with..” I decided to do some research on the company again while I was waiting to hear back and a bunch of new reviews came up since I had booked with them and they all described my scenario to a T, saying that they didn't even show up on the day of the wedding most of the time! I called my credit card right away to open up a dispute that this company is a scam and doesn’t provide the services that are promised, but charge the credit cards in full right away. Luckily I have everything documented, a contract, even the four missed trial dates, so I have been  able to provide that all to my credit card company, but opening a dispute takes months. My wedding day was March 2nd, and no one showed up to do the hair and makeup for myself or 7 bridesmaids. I have not been able to get a hold of Jessica since Feb 10th. I did email once and her “accountant” replied saying he would have a full refund to me, but I have yet to see that. I was also never credited the $150 from the first missed appointment even though I brought that up to her on a regular basis.

She goes by multiple names and company names

My Queen of Diamonds

Phone: (310) 279-6795

878 Hancock Ct, Oconomowoc, WI 53066

Bombshell, LLC

1224 E Brady St

Milwaukee, WI 53202

(414) 988-8100(Phone)

info@myqueenofdiamonds.com

jessica@myqueenofdiamond.com

On the Grid, Inc.

Principal: Miss. Jessica A. Vlasseman, President

Also goes by Jessica Anne Mehnert, Jessica Anne, Jessica Danger

Principal: Mr. Daniel G. Thomas, Co-Owner/Marketing Director, the “accountant”

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards