Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

how to syle my girls?

Hi Ladies! My wedding is 3 short months away and I am at loss as to how to style my Bridesmaids!  I am going for an old Hollywood Glamour themed wedding,  nothing crazy but I adore Pin-up, Vargas and go to Burlesque expos so i wanted that in there a little.  I think this is a wonderful feminine look and is complementary on pretty much everyone. As I wanted to make this as inexpensive for them as possible I had them order a DB dress they all loved and am paying for their makeup.  Hair is optional since I can not afford that many heads. The issue I have is that their dresses are IMO not very vintage looking: 

What am I missing to complete this look?  My aunt mentioned hair flowers or broaches and a mini veil for my MOH but I have no idea how to go about this! Help!
"All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image

Re: how to syle my girls?

• I think broaches are definitely the type of glam youre looking for. Maybe a set of pearls?? Is this the color of your dress too? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yup the dresses are all navy.
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
  • Bahahaha Lucy! Pearls would be nice!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I ordered a hair feather for my MOH.  It looked cute and to me looked a bit vintage.  You could also do colored birdcage veils for them.  That would look cute and vintage.  Also, the makeup can lend a vintage feel if done right.  
  • Maybe try looking at Pin up girl clothings website.  They have great style tips for their dresses

:) Good luck!
  • Maybe some red pumps? Not to change your colors... but bold pumps can really give you that pin-up vibe. Maybe play with some different stockings? It could be really easy to look "un-classy" with certain stockings... but I think it could be possible to look really classy and fit with your theme if done right. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards