Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair...removal

Hi Knotties, 
I'm wearing a strapless dress and I don't ever wear strapless or sleeveless tops.  So I'm staring tho think about my armpits.  I waxed them once before but I know you have to do it more often so they stay smoother longer.  My question to all of you is how long do you have to go before the hairs aren't visible even after a treatment and how often should I go? 
I'm getting married in September, I hope I have time :) 
thanks!
Soon to be Mrs.

Re: Hair...removal

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_hairremoval?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:ad466d10-1571-4ce1-bb59-9e26adff2796Post:a35a1291-988d-4420-9529-62e58e7c7b68">Hair...removal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Knotties,  I'm wearing a strapless dress and I don't ever wear strapless or sleeveless tops.  So I'm staring tho think about my armpits.  I waxed them once before but I know you have to do it more often so they stay smoother longer.  My question to all of you is how long do you have to go before the hairs aren't visible even after a treatment and how often should I go?  I'm getting married in September, I hope I have time :)  thanks!
    Posted by bchampion35[/QUOTE]

<div>Different for everyone. I have been waxing my bikini line for YEARS and it is the same as the day I started to need to wax. Ditto my eyebrows.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you're looking for something to minimize hair growth long term, you need to look into laser hair removal.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Laser worked awesome on my underarms, and its a small area so its not crazy expensive if you can find a decently priced place! I used to have to shave my underarms everyday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies, I'll look into laser as an option for sure.  
    Soon to be Mrs.
  • Options
    I had also been considering laser hair removal on my underarms...any downsides?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    A local place here is charging $13o/session for 6-8 sessions.  Not sure if that's reasonable? Still considering my options.
    Soon to be Mrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards