Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

wedding hair

I had my hair trial 2 weekends ago.... it looked nice but I wasn't fully happy. Now I'm nervous if I change it it'll look terrible on the day of the wedding. My salon charges full price for the trail so I paid $130. I want to go again but to pay another $130? That's a bit insane. Anyone ever had this happen before? Think I should ask the salon to do another trial for a dicounted rate? Advice?

Thanks!
Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: wedding hair

• Options
    While I was happy overall with my hair trial, I did decide to tweak it a bit on the wedding day.  I just brought some different pictures and explained to her what I wanted and it turned out fine. 

Now if you are talking about changing it completely, that is a different story.  It would not be fair to the artist to expect her to change everything on the wedding day and have it be perfect without doing a trial run beforehand.
  • Options
    yeah, I want to chang eit completely. The reason I didn't change it when she did my hair, is becuse another person in the salon came over and  whispered (no so quietly) that her next client was there early. I felt rushed. It is a pretty ritzy salon and I'm suprised they even did that. I think I may call the manager tomorrow and see what he thinks.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2012
    The same thing happened to me--during my first trial I was unhappy and felt rushed so I bit the bullet and scheduled and paid for a second trial (but ended up changing artists as well).  It happens.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_wedding-hair-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:b4fa71c9-1151-4ac5-a927-22dca4c75a48Post:ef3a35b3-3ca1-432d-ad96-8aa806ac08d2">Re: wedding hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah, I want to chang eit completely. The reason I didn't change it when she did my hair, is becuse another person in the salon came over and  whispered (no so quietly) that her next client was there early. I felt rushed. It is a pretty ritzy salon and I'm suprised they even did that. I think I may call the manager tomorrow and see what he thinks.
    Posted by kdevin27[/QUOTE]

They could of waited.If their appointment was at 2:00 they will.wait til then. They were rude.

• Options
    I actually had the exact same thing happen, paid full price, did not like it. I'm really passive with people so I didn't put my foot down when I needed to, so I'm just planning on correcting that little mistake the day of, plus I'll also have extensions, fresh cut and dye then as well so it should look good regardless.
  • Options
    I would call them and complain that your stylist rushed through your appointment to cater to another early client, and that as a result you weren't happy and want another appointment free.  Otherwise I would go somewhere else.  If they are not willing to apologize for rushing through your first appointment, how do you know they won't rush on your wedding day?

I would definitely have another trial either way so you can make sure you like how your hair would look and so your stylist knows what you want.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_wedding-hair-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:b4fa71c9-1151-4ac5-a927-22dca4c75a48Post:0047d213-d668-45a2-be80-1e49a188f4db">Re: wedding hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would call them and complain that your stylist rushed through your appointment to cater to another early client, and that as a result you weren't happy and want another appointment free.  Otherwise I would go somewhere else.  If they are not willing to apologize for rushing through your first appointment, how do you know they won't rush on your wedding day? I would definitely have another trial either way so you can make sure you like how your hair would look and so your stylist knows what you want.
    Posted by lenergyrlah[/QUOTE]

Ditto

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards