Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Pink Navy wedding

I'm super confused on how to do my color scheme. Ivory dress. Navy BM dresses with pink flowers. Charcoal GM suits. So what color shoes do the bridesmaids and I wear?? I'd think ivory goes with gold but won't that clash with the suits?

Re: Pink Navy wedding

• My MOH also has navy dress and we have been looking at either navy or silver shoes.
    I have a white dress and will have blue strappy sandals (my something blue).

It's real hard to have everything match...sometimes contrast is not a bad thing...
  • You can wear:
    Ivory
    nude
    gold
    silver
    bronze/copper
    navy
    pink
    grey
    clear (if you're feeling slutty)

They can wear:
    nude
    gold
    silver
    bronze/copper
    navy
    pink
    clear (if they're feeling slutty)

If you're going to go with metallics, try and stick to just one metallic- they're neutrals and should go with most anything, but mixing them can get iffy with so many other colors going on.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Your shoes (or your BM shoes) do not need to match the guys tuxes/suites.  I would personally go with a metallic or nude, mainly because navy shoes seem to be hard to find.  
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I am having the same color scheme and having my bridal party wear nude shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd go with nude or navy for the bridesmaids (and let them wear whatever shoe they want in the color you choose...it's impossible to make everyone's feet happy in the same shoe). For you, an ivory dress wouldn't necessary clash with silver shoes if that's what you want to wear, but there are a million different shades of ivory and they're mostly pretty close to white, so you could wear pretty much anything. What about wearing a pink shoe to pick up the color of the bridesmaids' flowers? It wouldn't even have to be the same shade of pink. For that matter, you could wear any color you want...ivory, navy (I'd probably go with a satin fabric shoe), pink, green, whatever you like. A lot of brides are wearing a surprising color shoe just because they can. Or you could wear a gold, as you mentioned. You don't have to worry about the color of the groomsmen's suits.
  • My vote is either for nude or navy.  Places now can certainly dye it to match if you can obtain a swatch of your BM dresses, and it's a cute idea to match your shoes to your BM dresses, and then it could act as your something blue! I'm doing a blush/navy colorscheme, so I feel your pain!
  • My dress is ivory and my bridesmaids will be wearing navy with pink bouquets....I think I'm gonna have them match their shoes to their bouquets and wear pink shoes.....I'm having a nautical wedding, so I plan on finding cute navy striped heels, if I can't, I will wear plain navy shoes to match their dresses......my FI will be wearing a dark charcoal suit.....for that reason, I'm trying to stay away from goldish colors and leaning more toward silver if I need to bring in a metallic......if you don't like pink shoes, try a silverish color shoe... Whatever you do, just have fun! Google navy and pink weddings (I'm assuming that's your color scheme) and you will find lots of great ideas! I google everything and you will be surprised what you can find! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards