Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

At home microdermabrasion

Hi!
I've been thinking about doing at home microderm before my wedding.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what works the best?
thanks!!!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: At home microdermabrasion

• I have used 2--the one by Mary Kay that I use now and the Youthful Essence microdermabrasion kit that I bought years ago off an infomercial!

I have seen great results with both.  The first time I ever did it, I saw my sister the next day and she asked if I had had a facial.  It definitely works.  I try to do it every Sunday night.  It does make your skin very red so it's not something you would want to do first thing in the morning.  When I wake up the next morning, my skin is smooth and looks totally refreshed.

The kit I bought originally actually comes with a resurfacing tool which is great.  I liked it but at the time you could only get it through joining one of those beauty clubs, mail order, etc. so when I ran out I switched to the MK one (since I use MK products anyway), which doesn't have a tool, you just use your hands.  But it works just as well as the other.  I would research a few, read reviews, etc.  I swear by it! 
  • I use Good Skin's (you can get it at Kohl's) Skin Refinisher. They are microdermabrasion crystals in a little tube that I use once a week in the shower. I have definitely noticed a difference in my skin tone since I started using it about a year ago.

I know there are so many different brands and kinds out there, like pp said, so you may want to look around before you buy something.
  • I use Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion (sold at Sephora).  It's more expensive than what's been already mentioned, but the cost of an entire jar is about the same as getting just one facial at a spa. It's just wonderful, and there are a ton of reviews of it on sephora's website.
  • I use philosphy's Microdeliery Peel and I love it.  They have two peels... the Microdelivery one and an Oxygen Peel.  I like the MD for myself because I like the feel of the crystals.  The oxygen is better if you have sensitive skin, though.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • I would go for any of those suggested above and also try the following.

This REALLY worked for me. I have combo skin that is acne prone.(The best advice I got was to focus on skin care from all angles, not just products, but also life style choices) I would start now:

1. multi vitamin daily
    2. Lots of water (even though some people say you don't need this, it made a HUGE difference for me to drink 8 glasses a day)
    3. no sugary drinks and decrease sugary foods/white flour foods
    4. Cod liver oil every night (one teaspoon, available at whole foods-just trust me, does not taste bad)
    5. Make up remover (clinique eye make up remover) all over face (at night before washing my face)
    6. Face Wash day and night, don't ever skip this no matter how tired you are (Body shop tea tree oil-not the foaming one) (I have heard the clinique 3-step for oily or combo skin is great as well)
    7. Tone (body shop seaweed toner)
    8. Moisturize (clinique dramatically different moisturizer day and night) (I got rid of my aveeno moisturizer with SPF, I didn't realize it was much too heavy for me even though it said oil-free non-comodegenic, which they all say. I use my clinique moisturizer now and rely on my liquid makeup for the SPF protection instead. I think this change made the biggest difference in my skin
    9. exercise daily (for improved circulation and stress reduction, even if it is just a brisk walk on some days-something more intense at least 3 days a week)
    10. Disinfect cell phone, computer key pad, remote control, purse handle, steering wheel, car key as often as possible (at least a few times a week)
    12. vitamin e oil on any dark spots from previous blemishes
    13. 100& tea tree oil (available at whole foods) on any blemishes
    14. Apply liquid foundation with washed hands (not sponge or brush)
    15. Fresh towel regularly
    16. Fresh pillow case regularly
    17. use blue tooth instead of cell as much as possible
    18. exfoliate once a week with st ives apricot scub (Do this very gently. If you can afford a better exfoliator that is more gentle use it 2-3 times a week)
    19. Eat healthy-lean proteins, good carbs, lots of vegetables and fruit (low sodium v8 juice after workouts for me-this made a big difference)
    20. Smile as much as possible !

Hope this helps!
  • Wow!  thank you so much!!  I will def try these tips out!! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards