Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Tattoo Coverup

Hey Ladies!

I'm thinking of covering my tattoos with makeup and I was wondering if anyone has actually used something and it worked?! When you look up reviews, the results are always so mixed! I was looking at Kat Von D. Has anyone use that? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I have tattoos on both of my upper arms and my only other option would be to add a kinda cap sleeve on my dress. We played around with that idea when I went to my first fitting and I think it would be nice but I am not sure what I should do.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tattoo Coverup

• Options
    I don't have tattoos, but I know I saw a cover up kit at David's Bridal.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I also don't have tattoos, but I found a concealer recently at Walmart that looked like it would work. It was around $5 or $6, and it was called Glamoflauge by Hard Candy. I bought it thinking it might be good for some coverage, but it was way too thick for everyday use -- I'm thinking it is perfect for a tattoo. If it were me, I'd test it out and if it works I'd cover it with powder to set it in. Good luck!
  • Options
    I have tested Kat Von D's at JCP and it does not fully cover. You might need to look into airbrushing if you would like complete coverage all day. I don't think that the self apply tattoo cover ups work very well, but in the end its your day and your decision. Good luck girl!
  • Options
    hmmm... i also have tattoos on my arms, two on my left forearm and one huge one (my son's footprints) on my right forearm. i toyed around with the idea of coverups, and i've heard that clinique has a really good concealer for it. i ultimately decided not to cover up... everyone knows i have them, and why get them if we're gonna cover them up? who cares what people think! personal preference... good luck and i hope you find what you're looking for!
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Tattoo Coverup:
    hmmm... i also have tattoos on my arms, two on my left forearm and one huge one (my son's footprints) on my right forearm. i toyed around with the idea of coverups, and i've heard that clinique has a really good concealer for it. i ultimately decided not to cover up... everyone knows i have them, and why get them if we're gonna cover them up? who cares what people think! personal preference... good luck and i hope you find what you're looking for!
    Posted by missmayberry

Thanks for you help with this! I stuggle with just having them showing because they will definitely be noticeable in pictures and that thought makes me a tad bit uncomfortable. I recently was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding and I decided not to cover them up and that worked out fine but now it's different. I have other tattoos that will show that I am ok with...I have one on my wrist and one on my shoulder, Its just something about my arms.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Tattoo Coverup:
    I have tested Kat Von D's at JCP and it does not fully cover. You might need to look into airbrushing if you would like complete coverage all day. I don't think that the self apply tattoo cover ups work very well, but in the end its your day and your decision. Good luck girl!
    Posted by SHarrison2112

Thanks for the info, I was really going to buy this! So you saved me some money! :)

• Options
    My makeup artist has tried coloration Mac and Kat von D none of them fully covered my tattoo located on my shoulder, I am wearing a jacket as I don't want my tattoo to be the focus as I stand at the alter. Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards