Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

when to get a facial/body scrub?

I am just wondering when I should get a facial and a body scrub/massage before the wedding.  I have never had either and I don't want my skin to be all blotchy, but I also want my skin super soft and smooth for my strapless dress.  Anyone have any advice?  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP 10/2/10, D&E 2/8/11 @ 22 weeks due to encephalocele BFP 12/25/11 - EDD 9-5-12 *please be our take home baby!* Baby Girl born August 30, 2012 at 39 weeks 1 day via c-section

Re: when to get a facial/body scrub?

• Options
    Get your body scrub 2 days before the wedding. And as far as the facial, I would go this week if you can afford two facials between now and the wedding. Facials make your skin glow so fabulously but if you have acne prone skin you'll want your esthetician to perform some extractions to expel some of the dirt trapped in your pores.You don't want to have a facial with alot of extractions too close to your wedding because your skin needs time to calm down. If you need some extractions, go now and get your first facial where they can extract all they want, and then when you go back a week before your wedding, it will just be to cleanse, exfoliate, and hydrate your skin to make it look fabulous. And if you are one of the lucky ones to have fabulous clear skin already then just get one a week before the wedding.
    *Another reason to go twice before the wedding is to ensure that you don't have any sensitivities to the products the spa uses. You don't want to have an allergic reaction right before the wedding. You'd be able to most likely clear it up within a week but you don't want that added stress the week of your wedding.
    HTH!
  • Options
    I have somewhat sensitive & fair skin, so I wasn't too sure about getting a facial myself, but I really wanted to look my best.  I have some blackheads and a few smaller zits here and there I wanted to take care of.  I went about 6 weeks before my wedding (to make sure I wouldn't be broken out during the wedding).  I heard I could break out, and when I went the estician (sp?), she told me the same thing. 

It has been almost a week, and I have had maybe 2 small zits since then.  (It might not have even been from the facial, b/c I get smaller zits normally.)  My skin felt amazing afterwards and I had a great glow.  I can still feel the softness of it too. 
    The estician told me to wait and see how it affected me and then I could come back 2 weeks before the wedding.  I am definitely going to do that!  She even told me they offer a special facial that gives you that bridal glow, so I think I may try that next time!

I think it also depends on where you go...go to a nice place that has good recommendations/awards and someone with experience.  I felt like my estician knew what she was doing and it didn't hurt like some other ppl have said.  Also, a good estician will know how to work with your skin no matter what type it is.  They should be able to fit your needs and give you appropriate skin care advice.

Good luck!  :)
  • Options
    i'm getting married in 16 days, is it too close to get a facial or even chemical peel?? i use to be a roofer so my face gets really blotchy and discolored looking when i tan so right now i look like a leopard. it covers with make up for the most part but you can still see it......would a chemical peel help that and if so can i do it before the wedding...safely???
  • Options

Brandonsarah09, I tried to answer your question as best I could in your other post on this. Hope it helps!
    And BrittKnight, you're definitely right, a good esthetician should know how to work with your skin no matter how sensitive. Just make sure you voice ALL of your concerns and be totally honest on your client questionaire form that you should be given before your treatment. The only thing an esthetician won't know is if you have a reaction to the products after you leave. If you're prone to extreme sensitivity, like one of my clients, make sure you tell the Esthetician so she can take the necessary precautions during your treatment. I always mix a calming oatmeal product in with this certain clients masque because she tends to get red from alot of products. And if you do have some sort of reaction from a product after you leave the spa, never hesitate to call your esthetician, alot of time she can recommend a fix to the problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards