Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

What is your bridal beauty regimine?

I am just curious to see what all of you brides are doing to prepare for the big day, as far as diet, skin care, etc. I realize everyone is different and I would love to get as many good ideas and tips from your personal experience! Is anyone doing facials or peels or vitamins?
~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~

Re: What is your bridal beauty regimine?

• Options
    My #1 advice is always to be dilligent about your current skincare regimen if you have one (no skipping a night, no sleeping in your makeup, etc.), and if you don't have one starting one.  Also being dilligent about things like drinking water, using suncreen, and getting plenty of both exercise and sleep.

In addition to this, I had a glycolic peel 2 months before my wedding and 2 weeks before my wedding, I really tried to cut down/eliminate carbonated sodas, caffeine and salt.  On my wedding day, my skin looked probably the best it ever has.
  • Options
    Rule #1 - drink LOTS of water (8 glasses a day min).
    Rule #2 - always use sunscreen!  Even under make-up & don't trust that your make-up really has SPF 30 in it (it would have to be as thick as sunscreen for that to work).
    Rule #3 - Eat right (lots of fruits & veggies), cut out sodium so you don't look bloated, and cut back on alcohol.

My personal regim is:
    I track my calorie intake (looking to lose 5-10 pounds before the big day in 4 months).
    I go to the gym 3 times/week with 40 min. of running plus squats, pushups, situps, chest presses, tricep curls, and bicep curls.
    I am starting to get weekly mani's (I'm now at the 4 month mark) and semi-weekly pedis
    I get a facial every other month (now that I'm at 4 months, I'm going to up it to monthly)
    No more alchol during the week for me
    I have a dentist appointment for my general cleaning a month before the wedding & will use a crest whitestrips type product to whiten my teeth right after.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_what-is-your-bridal-beauty-regimine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:bf0ada97-3a3d-4c76-8bea-8939c92fb4c4Post:1551e165-1b83-4d19-800d-543750d7609d">Re: What is your bridal beauty regimine?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My #1 advice is always to be dilligent about your current skincare regimen if you have one (no skipping a night, no sleeping in your makeup, etc.), and if you don't have one starting one.  Also being dilligent about things like drinking water, using suncreen, and getting plenty of both exercise and sleep. In addition to this, I had a glycolic peel 2 months before my wedding and 2 weeks before my wedding, I really tried to cut down/eliminate carbonated sodas, caffeine and salt.  On my wedding day, my skin looked probably the best it ever has.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank for all the helpful info! What was  the peel like? As far as, how long were you recovering from it and what was the cost? </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_what-is-your-bridal-beauty-regimine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:bf0ada97-3a3d-4c76-8bea-8939c92fb4c4Post:3919c2db-7a91-4ade-815a-50aa20c20381">Re: What is your bridal beauty regimine?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rule #1 - drink LOTS of water (8 glasses a day min). Rule #2 - always use sunscreen!  Even under make-up & don't trust that your make-up really has SPF 30 in it (it would have to be as thick as sunscreen for that to work). Rule #3 - Eat right (lots of fruits & veggies), cut out sodium so you don't look bloated, and cut back on alcohol. My personal regim is: I track my calorie intake (looking to lose 5-10 pounds before the big day in 4 months). I go to the gym 3 times/week with 40 min. of running plus squats, pushups, situps, chest presses, tricep curls, and bicep curls. I am starting to get weekly mani's (I'm now at the 4 month mark) and semi-weekly pedis I get a facial every other month (now that I'm at 4 months, I'm going to up it to monthly) No more alchol during the week for me I have a dentist appointment for my general cleaning a month before the wedding & will use a crest whitestrips type product to whiten my teeth right after.
    Posted by Jager1219[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for al lthe helpful info!! :)

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_what-is-your-bridal-beauty-regimine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:bf0ada97-3a3d-4c76-8bea-8939c92fb4c4Post:c3da141f-7ef4-4ded-bf87-b043b78c4e05">Re: What is your bridal beauty regimine?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your bridal beauty regimine? : Thank for all the helpful info! What was  the peel like? As far as, how long were you recovering from it and what was the cost? 
    Posted by SarahMichele26[/QUOTE]
    Don't even consider doing something like this (or even something as small as a wax for the first time unless it's more than 2 months in advance).  You could end up with some allergic reaction and then that won't be so pretty in pictures.
  • Options
    A glycolic peel is a very light peel with no downtime--I am slightly pink and go without makeup for 24 hours and that's it. My esthetician charges $65, but I agree to try it first before the wedding--the first time I did one, I did have one area near my nose that was very flaky for about a month.
  • Options
    I did everything pretty much the same as normal. I also made sure to use my whitening mouthwash religiously for a month and drank no carbonated beverages for about a month as well. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Little bits every morning. Organic OJ mixed with a shot of this stuff called You Tonic I get at Walgreens- it's nasty but it works. A small low sodium V8, a few ounces of carrot juice, POM juice, raisins and an un-salted nut mix. Lifeway's Keifer- a probiotic that's great. Just a little of all these each morning plus a multivitamin, fish oil, & biotin. I've also tripled my water intake. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards