Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

AVEDA make up?

has anyone used Aveda make up? the salon i am scheduled for uses this brand i have somewhat oily skin so my make up comes off throughout the day. has anyone used this brand? thoughts on it?

Re: AVEDA make up?

• I got my makeup done free by Aveda once and it was simply gorgeous. Very light feeling and not greasy to me.
  • My mother and I had Aveda makeup for my brother's wedding. I am still traumatized by the experience. A lot of it probably had to do with the makeup artist because it came out awful but my mother and I both had a reaction to the makeup. Our eyes watered hours after having the makeup done and the corners of our eyes were burning. I wouldn't recommend it.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_aveda-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:bfc58e64-fd63-4509-a3c4-8b1d5771318fPost:9b450cd6-0a20-4dd2-9aec-2a4fa963f6db">Re: AVEDA make up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mother and I had Aveda makeup for my brother's wedding. I am still traumatized by the experience. A lot of it probably had to do with the makeup artist because it came out awful but my mother and I both had a reaction to the makeup. Our eyes watered hours after having the makeup done and the corners of our eyes were burning. I wouldn't recommend it.
    Posted by lyssox09[/QUOTE]

I love Aveda products (have never used the makeup), but I had to stop using Aveda hair products for a similar reason.  My head itched all the time and my hair fell out.  My stylist said it is because Aveda products have alot of floral and grass elements in them and you can be allergic to them.  I have had Aveda facials though and loved them.

OP, I suggest a trial run and see how you like it.
  • Thanks for the info! I'll stop by and try some samples of what they are going to use and make sure i don't have a reaction!
  • If you go to a true Aveda salon, most of them will do a make up "touch up" after your hair cut or service you have done. Or you could ask where you are going to do a trial run on you the day you go in for your hair trial run? Explain your concerns (heard about allergic reactions, etc) and I would *think* they would be more than willing to do a trial for free. I've gone to Aveda salons for over 10 years and everyone I've gone is amazing with customer service.
    On a side note, when they touch up my make up at the salon, it is beautiful. I've never had a reaction and do really like their products. They are all very natural looking and light weight as PP mentioned. Good luck!
  • I've had my makeup done at an Aveda salon twice before and I did not care for it.  I felt like there were spots that the foundation seemed to flake (a strange thing for oily skin).  And it was wierd because that flakiness seemed to be b/c the makeup was caked on, but at the same time I felt like it barely covered anything.  My skin is pretty clear and even, but I felt like I could still see every inperfection.  Also the tones were so neutral that it looked like I didn't even have makeup on.  Not that I want to look all made up, but If I didn't want to look like I had makeup on then I wouldn't wear makeup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards