Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Makeup/concealer/moisurizers

Ok ladies, I am in desperate need of new makeup/concealer/moisturizers before my big day in April. Was hoping to find out what products you all have tried and found to work!!! Main issue is undereye bags and dark circles, and evening out of the skin tone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Makeup/concealer/moisurizers

• Options
    Concealer is the best thing for dark circles.  I used an MK eye gel every morning and tried to get lots of sleep leading up to the wedding.  Also try the "List Your Faves" sticky at the top of the forum.  Keeping up with your skin regimen and drinking lots of water from now to the wedding will help also.
  • Options
    I second the eye gel - I have one from Clinique that is good, but when it runs out I'm getting the Mary Kay eye gel.  That stuff really wakes up your eyes and helps with the dark circles. (I hate wasting $$ when I already have a product!) 

Also, as far as moisturizers -- I'm using a Clinique Toner and Gel moisturizer right now (toner is pink and gel is yellow) and even though I am a Mary Kay fanatic on most everything else, I am sticking with my Clinique gel for pre-make-up until I run out.  I've recently purchased Mary Kay's new Velocity facial wash, moisturizer, and acne cream and I'll give that a try in another month when the stuff I have runs out.   

I have recently started using L'oreal secrets magic perfecting base (after putting on moisturizer, and letting moisturizer fully soak in / dry) , and I must be a walking commercial, but it makes my makeup go on smoother and I get better coverage with both my concealer and liquid foundation.  Plus, the makeup feels lighter on because of the primer underneath.  

Also check out the "list your faves" -- it's a really good collection from all who volunteered to post! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_makeupconcealermoisurizers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:c35728c1-2fa6-4178-a629-74b897ca6f52Post:ba723dc1-9e0c-4147-a245-168956a2d1cf">Re: Makeup/concealer/moisurizers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a Mary Kay fanatic on most everything else
    Posted by kellya01[/QUOTE]

I actually also used this MK rolling eye thing that was supposed to be good for dark circles and it actually seemed to work a little--but I don't see it on their website anymore.  It had a really offensive smell though so I quit using it after the wedding!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_makeupconcealermoisurizers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:c35728c1-2fa6-4178-a629-74b897ca6f52Post:13e1b96c-ce66-4954-93da-607e054c1391">Re: Makeup/concealer/moisurizers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Makeup/concealer/moisurizers : I actually also used this MK rolling eye thing that was supposed to be good for dark circles and it actually seemed to work a little--but I don't see it on their website anymore.  It had a really offensive smell though so I quit using it after the wedding!
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>The stuff I am about to get (and got for my BM's as part of their cosmetics gift bag) is the Soothing Eye Gel. (link: <a href="http://www.marykay.com/skincare/lipeyecare/10029739/10029739/default.aspx)" rel="nofollow">http://www.marykay.com/skincare/lipeyecare/10029739/10029739/default.aspx)</a></div><div>
    </div><div> The scent is not noticeable and it feels REALLY good on.  A gentle touch is nice, using a pinky or ring finger so you aren't pressuring the skin.  Love the stuff!! </div><div>
    </div><div>The clinique stuff I have left is called "refreshing eye gel" ... don't have time to find the link right now but it's a thin pink tube and kind of like the MK stuff.  
    </div>
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    Oh I use the eye gel every morning--it's great!  The other thing I am talking about is different but I don't think they have it anymore.  It really smelled awful.
  • Options
    MK still has stuff for the dark circles under your eye (I sell MK on the side).  So, of course, I use MK products.  I won't say anymore, because I am not trying to sell it to you so I don't want to get kicked off the board...I just want to concur with all the other ladies on here. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards