Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair Extensions in Thick Hair- Help?

Hey Everyone...
this is actually the first time I posted;
I've been thinking about hair extensions for the big day and after looking around on the message board I finally decided to go get them.  I got the Euronext Remy extensions.

I tried to put them in tonight to see how they'll look & they don't really blend in that well with my natural hair.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips for putting them in to make them look natural.  My hair is really thick, so I think thats why they look so odd.  Would getting another packet & having double the clip in sections work?

Any advice would be great!  -Thanks

Re: Hair Extensions in Thick Hair- Help?

• Options
    Is your hair long or short?  Are the extensions close to your natural hair color?

I just layer them through my own hair. I start at the bottom and work up.  You might go to a stylist and have them show you the best way to make them work.  I wouldn't think you would need another set. 

Also, I tweaked my own hair color to match the extensions perfectly.
  • Options
    I also layer my extensions throughtout my hair (I wear the Euronext brand).  I wear 2 packages of extensions & I cut them to blend better.  Like Stephie said, I took my hair to my colorist and had her match it perfectly.  I wear blonde frost.

I start at the nap of my neck and work up to my ears, I have thin hair so if the extensions are clipped above my ears, they can show through.  I wear 4 rows of the 3 clip strands of hair on the back of my head (I layer them on top of each other) and on the sides I wear 2 rows.  Here is a pic w/ me wearing them, you can't tell - at least that is what people tell me when I tell them I'm wearing extensions.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also, they blend much better if your hair and the extensions are curled. From what I've seen and experienced, they're much more obvious in straightened hair.  You're not going to get them perfect the first time..play with them a little before you order any more.
  • Options
    On a side note, steph, pink & kappa...do your extensions every give you a neck ache?  Just wondering, maybe it's just me.
  • Options
    OH good point, they do blend better curled.  They do not give me a neck ache but if I put them in too tight sometimes my head will hurt!

Kappa suggested the seamless weft hair and I purchased it, the hair is incredible.  I thought I could put them in myself with the super tape but I can't.  I definitely need help. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies and advice.
    To answer the questions: the extension color matches my own hair color perfectly. My hair is shoulder length & super super thick. I played around with them more.. and got the back to blend in perfectly; but I used the whole set for just the back of my hair.  You can't even see where the clips are :)  But now it just looks funny because I have nice long blended-in hair in the back and then drasticly shorter hair on the sides.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_hair-extensions-thick-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:c8a4c86c-9006-4ddf-ba8b-76ffee3bad2bPost:647c48fb-034d-4e68-8f18-67347ad7e617">Re: Hair Extensions in Thick Hair- Help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, they are much better curled.  I also wear the blonde frost.  I'm wearing mine in my bios. Pinkpinot I never thought about having them actually CUT to match your hair.  That's a great idea.  When I go out for a special occasion, I have a stylist put them in since they look so much better.  And I have gotten headaches from mine before also but I probably put them in too tight.  When the stylist does it, I can't feel them at all.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

The 14" were too short & 18" way too long, I couldn't get them to blend at all since my natural hair is above my shoulders.  I had a few inches trimmed from the 18" and they work perfectly. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_hair-extensions-thick-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:c8a4c86c-9006-4ddf-ba8b-76ffee3bad2bPost:b51b029f-190c-48d4-90d8-7c549dee82a6">Re: Hair Extensions in Thick Hair- Help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all your replies and advice. To answer the questions: the extension color matches my own hair color perfectly. My hair is shoulder length & super super thick. I played around with them more.. and got the back to blend in perfectly; but I used the whole set for just the back of my hair.  You can't even see where the clips are :)  But now it just looks funny because I have nice long blended-in hair in the back and then drasticly shorter hair on the sides.
    Posted by samanthaevans[/QUOTE]

Samantha - that is exactly why I need to purchase 2 packages of hair.  I used 1 package to blend the back and needed more hair for the sides.  I have feeling that's all you'll need to get the clip ins to work for you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards