Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Is it OK to use separate hair & makeup people?

I found an amazing hair stylist for my wedding. She also does makeup, but it's $125 (!!) for bridal makeup and $100 for bridesmaids. I don't even wear makeup regularly so I want something really subtle and I don't think I need to pay that much to get this effect. Is it proper etiquitte to bring in a separate makeup person, even when the hair person does makeup herself?

Re: Is it OK to use separate hair & makeup people?

• Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Is the $125 for hair and makeup or just for the makeup? I'm paying $175 for both and that includes airbrush. If you wanted to do someone separate I think it would be ok, be honest and tell her that $125 was over your makeup budget since you just wanted something simple. Maybe she will come down in price since she's already doing your hair.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_is-it-ok-to-use-separate-hair-makeup-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:cb0f298c-4ae4-48f9-b2d6-435f2f8f99cbPost:03a5c2bd-3bb2-4cb7-9249-cfa5bcb6a5bf">Is it OK to use separate hair & makeup people?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found an amazing hair stylist for my wedding. She also does makeup, but it's $125 (!!) for bridal makeup and $100 for bridesmaids. I don't even wear makeup regularly so I want something really subtle and I don't think I need to pay that much to get this effect. Is it proper etiquitte to bring in a separate makeup person, even when the hair person does makeup herself?
    Posted by sarahrhines[/QUOTE]

It's absolutely okay.  Just let her know that you are having someone else do makeup, so you just need to work out scheduling for hair. 

I have two people doing hair and makeup.  My makeup person is charging around the same as your person, but I felt like it was worth it since she's amazing.  I do think you can find cheaper, but make sure you shop around to find the right person.
  • Options
    It's $125 for hair, and then an ADDITIONAL $125 for bridal makeup, $100 for BM makeup. I did ask her if she could reduce her makeup price for reduced makeup, and she said we could talk but she didn't think so. I would love to pay for all my BMs' hair and makeup, but at $225 a pop, that's kind of crazy. My 10 year old sister doesn't need $100 worth of makeup!
  • Options
    It is absolutely ok to separate hair and makeup!
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Wow, that's a crazy price!!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Absolutely, it is ok to use two different ppl.  I am.  I did like one woman for mup, but she was $175 for me & $75 for my bm.  I could not understand why I'm $100 more than my bm - I felt that was ridiculous.  Mind you there are 7 or 8 of us getting done, so a lot of money to made by her.  She ended up reducing me to $150, but was a little too late since she suggested I should find someone closer to my hair salon.  My new woman is $65 for my bm & I'm free if 5 or more get done.  Otherwise I am $75 :)  Score!!!

Mind you, I am a certified mua & do it p/t at a salon - so I had a very hard time even considering having someone else do my mup.  The new woman does not care if I get done or not, she is charging the same price for the bpty either way.  I already decided she will do most of my mup - I think I will do my own mascara & let her do the rest (I hate clumpy lashes)
  • Options
    It is absluty ok to use a seperate MUA and hairstylist!! IN FACT IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF A MUA FEEL FREE TO TAKE A LOOK AT MY WEBSITE. I AM BASED IN SOUTH JERSEY. I DO TRAVEL TO PROVIDE ON SITE MAKEUP SERVICE. HERE ARE MY RATES

$70 for just the BRIDE + TRAVEL

$55 FOR THE BRIDE WITH A PARTY OF 5 OR MORE

BRIDEMAIDS

$35 EA WITH A PARTY OF 5 OR MORE

$45 EA WITH A PARTY OF 4 OR UNDER

HERE IS A LNK TO MY WEBSITE
    http://makeupstilettosandglam.weebly.com/brides.html

FOR FURTHER QUESTION CONTACT ME AT glamdollmakeup@aol.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards