Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Venues - Need help!

I am considering Piazza in the village at collyville tx as a venue..anyone who had a wedding there that can provide a candid review? Thanks in advance...!

Re: Venues - Need help!

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've had several Knotties get married there (most recently Meghan).  I have some old reviews saved, but I'm sure someone who was recently married there will chime in.  It is a beautiful venue, although on the upper end budgetwise.  Meghan's pictures are listed a few posts down in the thread "Long at last."

ETA:  Agree with Julie, you get alot for your money there which is one reason it's more expensive. 
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a couple of banquets there and it is very beautiful.  It is also, as Stephie said, on the higher end.  However, I think you're paying for the inclusiveness that places like this provide. 
  • edited December 2011
    It is costly, BUT look at options. Evening wedding on Saturdays is the most expensive. Saturday morning/day cheaper. Sundays...cheaper...Fridays cheaper...during the week...cheapest! Having "all inclusive" aka chapel and ballroom there plus catering is a reliever cus I didn't have to go around trying to find a reception place, and a caterer. They did a super amazing job and it was so worth the money hearing guests comment to us and my parents about the venue, food, etc! Chef Paul (I think thats his name) is amazing!

My advice if you are wanting this, go to their open houses and get a feel for it. Second, if you are going to book it, book fast! We booked ours a year in advance. It goes so fast.

Like Stephanie said-I have a link to my professional pictures somewhere on this board. Kathleen is also getting married there next year too! :)
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is one thing that I like about places like this:  the ease of it and not having to go search out a bunch of other vendors. 

We've had several girls get married there and, so far at least, they've all had beautiful weddings and I don't think any of them have had a bad experience.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They also just added the smaller ballroom (120 or less) which is cheaper than the Big Ballroom if you really want a Saturday night wedding. 

I went to Meghan's wedding and it was awesome! 
  • edited December 2011
    I was married there a little over a year ago.  I loved everything about it!  Probably my favorite vendor....next to my DJ. 

Here is my album on FB if you would like to see any pics.
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150330862820456.587767.605980455

And here is my review of the Piazza (although I don't think that Michelle is there anymore):
    Venue: Piazza in the Village A+++
    The Piazza was absultely wonderful!  Michelle, the cooridinator there, was a godsend!  She dealt with my crazy family and friends, kept me calm and just really handled everything that needed to be tended to.  They have a wonerful sound guy that made sure all our music played correctly and kept us on time considering I used one song for me and the bridesmaids to walk in to....which had to be timed perfectly so I could make my entrance at the right time.  The food was so good too.  I think I loved the twice baked potatoes the most! 
  • edited December 2011

Lulu - I hope you don't mind if I jump in and ask a couple questions about the place as well:

- Is a Saturday wedding doable there on a $15k budget?
     - Do they have a piano in the chapel, or only a sound system?
     - Did any friends complain about the lack of hotels or places to go out after the wedding?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_venues-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f6f5710e-afe1-4b5f-9eba-1e73153cca57Post:3e3adbe1-99c8-4710-a1e8-238118c961d4">Re: Venues - Need help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lulu - I hope you don't mind if I jump in and ask a couple questions about the place as well:  - Is a Saturday wedding doable there on a $15k budget?  - Do they have a piano in the chapel, or only a sound system?  - Did any friends complain about the lack of hotels or places to go out after the wedding?
    Posted by MichelleAG05[/QUOTE]

I don't think $15k is doable for a Saturday.  Mine was a Sunday wedding and it was a lot more than that.  But, then again, it depends on how many people and what "add-ons" you want.  We had 150 people.

I don't think there was a piano, but this I'm not sure about.

We went out after my wedding.  It's not <em>really</em> close but we went to some bar in Grapevine and then several of us stayed at the Gaylord.  If people complained...I didn't hear it.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_venues-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f6f5710e-afe1-4b5f-9eba-1e73153cca57Post:3e3adbe1-99c8-4710-a1e8-238118c961d4">Re: Venues - Need help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lulu - I hope you don't mind if I jump in and ask a couple questions about the place as well:  - Is a Saturday wedding doable there on a $15k budget?<strong> If you use the small ballroom the basic food minimum plus chapel/room rental is 10K. If you use the big ballroom it's definitely not do-able for a Saturday night</strong><div>  - Do they have a piano in the chapel, or only a sound system?  <strong>I'm pretty sure that at Meghan's wedding there was a Piano. I'm assuming it's theirs, but I know they don't have it in the chapel when you are touring.</strong></div><div> - Did any friends complain about the lack of hotels or places to go out after the wedding? <strong>I don't have any answers for this. :)</strong>
    Posted by MichelleAG05[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I guess it depends if you want the small ballroom up the road or the main one there. Sat night wedding with grand ballroom is impossible for 15k.

Yes there is a piano there in the chapel. My pianist used it, and came early for the rehearsal to test it out. :)

No. We used Holiday Inn Express. There is also Hilton Garden Inn too close by. We provided hotels for our guests. Not one complained. I also provided maps for OOT'ers with their invites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards