Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

kiss-proof lipstick

Anyone have any recommendations for a kiss-proof lipstick?

Re: kiss-proof lipstick

• Options
    Does such a thing exist?  What about lip stain?  Is anyone familiar with this?
  • Options
    I really like Maybelline Colorstay and it's absolutely kiss-proof.  I used it on my wedding day (PIB).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_kiss-proof-lipstick-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:d3f5d997-e3df-4825-b8aa-419694af1ab4Post:0abefdf6-8688-4fa4-a2d4-b44e0a844574">Re: kiss-proof lipstick</a>:
    [QUOTE]All I know is AVOID the CoverGirl brand Outlast anything. Although it's true that it does stay on, after a while it cracks and looks SOOO dry and you can't get it off! I had to rub my libs like raw to get off the old stuff, just so I could re-apply (you can't reapply over it because it just looks bumpy because of the cracks)... I mean technically it does stay, but doesn't look good while it's doing it. MAC makes a lipstain that is pretty good but the color is super vibrant or anything.. it's more of a tint if that's what you're looking for
    Posted by AlmostMrs.Munoz[/QUOTE]
    I had this issue with Outlast when I first started using it before I learned to apply it. it looks "bumpy" because your lips are probably dry and you may be applying a thick coat. when applied to well-moisturized lips (not applying over chapstick, but lips that are well-cared-for) it looks great and I have no issues with reapplication--which usually isn't until about 5 hours after initial application. when I apply, I apply a THIN COAT, I wipe the excess off the wand before applying. I wait for it to dry completely (about 10 minutes) before I do anything with the lips--no chapstick/gloss, no eating, no drinking, no brushing the teeth, minimal talking. I do not need to scrub until my lips are raw to get it off either, just use a makeup remover.

I'm wearing Outlast in my siggy pic, actually. that was about an hour after  initial application.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options

I normally use the Maybelline Colorstay. It really lasts as long it is claims to. I didn't use it for my wedding (The horror: both me and the girl doing my make-up forgot to pack it that day!), but I was going to ... I wound up using this weird lip stain that she had in her bag (Which also looked and lasted great, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is)

CoverGirl OutLast does last, but I also have the issue with my lips getting dried out and peely ... although that usually comes from using it multiple days in a row, they have a color that I like to use for "fancy" occassions (Maybelline doesn't realy have a close enough shade to it), and if it's just for one day, I don't have any issues with it.

Also, Revlon has one of those "Color Stay" type products (The name alludes me a the moment), where it's just the "one step". It feels way better on than the Cover Girl, but in my experience it usually fades after a few hours, and can't hold up to much more than a few pecks as far a kissing goes.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_kiss-proof-lipstick-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:d3f5d997-e3df-4825-b8aa-419694af1ab4Post:9b13967d-a375-46cb-a353-5582a5add1f2">Re: kiss-proof lipstick</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: kiss-proof lipstick : I had this issue with Outlast when I first started using it before I learned to apply it. it looks "bumpy" because your lips are probably dry and you may be applying a thick coat. when applied to well-moisturized lips (not applying over chapstick, but lips that are well-cared-for) it looks great and I have no issues with reapplication--which usually isn't until about 5 hours after initial application. when I apply, I apply a THIN COAT, I wipe the excess off the wand before applying. I wait for it to dry completely (about 10 minutes) before I do anything with the lips--no chapstick/gloss, no eating, no drinking, no brushing the teeth, minimal talking. I do not need to scrub until my lips are raw to get it off either, just use a makeup remover. I'm wearing Outlast in my siggy pic, actually. that was about an hour after  initial application.
    Posted by pooh8402[/QUOTE]

I did all of the same things you are saying. Letting it dry completely, well taken care of lips, thin coats.... tired it call. I've tried it mulitple times and continually struggle with it and I'm not happy with the result. I also live in a very dry environment, so maybe that has something to do with it? I was just really disappointed with how it came out in my situation, but great if it worked for you.
  • Options
    dry environment could possibly be it. I live in southeast Texas; it's very humid the majority of the year.

I do want to add that your lips will dry out with the stuff, and that is included on the packaging. that's why they include the clear chapstick stuff--because your lips will be dry. as long as I apply some form of chapstick every hour, I don't have the issues with peeling.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I've tried the new "Drew Barrymore" lipstain (also a Covergirl Outlast product). It doesn't come off if you let it dry first and it doesn't dry out my lips, but it doesn't last more than a couple of hours for me. But then, I've only used it on days when I'm teaching and drinking tea all day. It applies oddly, like a marker, but I like it better than lipstick and my FI hates when I have gloss on (cause he knows it'll come off).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

It's a little pricey, but hey if you're going to splurge on good lipstick for your wedding (and you totally should), try Laura Mercier's Creme Lip Color.  It goes on smooth, feels velvety and keeps your lips moist and colored for hours.  I haven't tried it extensively with kissing, but I imagine it would stay put. Wink

• Options
    I dont like the drew barrymore one. I looks nice but doesnt stay on long at all.  I do like the revlon colorstay.  It lasts all day if you put it on correctly.  You have to put a thin coat and let it dry for a few mins.  If your lips are chapped it doesnt look nice but then again any lipstick wouldnt look nice with chapped lips.  I have eaten, drank, kissed and brushed my teeth with it on and it worked great.  A little did come off when i brushed my teeth but im assuming that was because of the toothpaste. You also can add a gloss over it to make sure it doesnt look dry if you choose (the gloss does wear off like any other gloss).  I think part of it depends on the person just like anything else. not everything is going to work perfectly for every person.  Since its your wedding i would recommend trying out different types (and colors) unitl you find one that not only works the way you want it but also looks the way you want.  your the bride you can splurge a little to make sure you look perfect on your big day.
    Anniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers image due, March 15
  • Options
    My favorite is MAC's Pro Longwear lipcolor.  They have really nice colors and I have to use makeup remover to get it off!  It looks like a lipgloss, comes with the lipcolor on one end, and a sheer gloss on the other.  My mom liked mine so much she stole it!
  • Options
    I love the lip stain! It doesn't last forever, but I put it on this morning, ate breakfast, drank coffee, and didn't have to re-apply until about 11:30 (4 hours).
  • Options
    I reccommend a lip sealor.  Make-up Forver makes a good one, and there is a product called Lip Chic, available on alcone.com

I'm a make-up artist, and when it has to last all day, I line with a waterproof liner, add lipstick,and then seal!
  • Options
    I like Outlast, but do have the prob. with drying out and I just use the sealer they provide.  That being said I don't wear makeup that often so I haven't tried many kinds because it's not a big enough deal to me to make me possibly waste money if I don't like the other kinds.  :)

I'm never tried make-up remover to take it off though.  I just use a swipe of baby oil on each lip.  It takes it right off!  :)
  • Options
    I love Clinique Stay the Day but I am not sure if they make that anymore.

I really want to try Tarte's lipstain.

I thought Outlast was awful.
  • Options
    www.senegence.com

Worth the investment for sure---

it's a lip stain. You can buy the colors and the gloss! It's to die for. It's a stain so it hurts at first..but it's amazing!!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions.  I am going to look into some of those--very interested in the lorac and makeup forever products.

I tried the l'oreal infallible during my engagement photos.  It stayed put the whole time and it was nice to have the gloss to refresh it.  It does start to feel a little dry after a while, but the gloss helps to keep my lips from drying out.  It is also handy that the case can be used as a mirror.  The only problem is that the color selection is limited.  The color I ended up with (gardenia) is very pink and has to be applied with a light hand or it will look garish (I am very fair with pink undertones).  I was looking for a color that would mimic the faint pink I get from stila's cherry crush lipstain--this was not a good match.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards