Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

any makeup recomendations for

me to try?  I rarely wear anything other than mascara & lipgloss so I'm clueless!!!!  I want to start experimenting now for my June wedding

I have very pale skin & strawberry blonde hair.  I really want to look natural, but still improved.  Any brands that photograph well, last without tons of touchups, and won't make me look like I'm trying too hard?

Thanks in advance!!!  Kiss

Re: any makeup recomendations for

• Try smashbox photofinish.  Sephora can help you pick the correct color and even show you how to apply.  I love MAC for eye shadow and they have a waterproof black eye liner that is awesome.
  • I've been wondering the same thing! I am going to look for smashbox and mac.. maybe they will do a make over with you to see what colors work for you, etc.. that's what I'm hoping!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bobbi Brown Cosmetics all.the.way.  Bobbi's entire philosophy is natural/minimal makeup.  You should find a department store near you that carries the line and book a consultation.  The prices aren't  too scary either. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ohhh good question....

For foundation, I recommend Make Up Forever.  if you have oily/shiny skin do the matte formula, if not the HD is great too.  It photographs perfectly - your skin will look flawless and it lasts for hours.  I used a primer underneath it for the wedding day and set everything with Model in a Bottle Finishing Spray.

MAC has great eyeshadows but they're not so natural looking if that is what you're going for. 

For the best mascara, Dior is the way to go.  They have a great gift set for the holidays - three of their best for $29!!!!

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P242804&categoryId=S10510&shouldPaginate=true

For blush, I love Nars. 

And for lipstick, I used Maybelline Colorstay.  It lasted like a dream, did not transfer to my husband at all, and comes with a chapstick to put over it to keep it moisterized.  I couldn't find a good one that I liked at Sephora, but they're great for everything else.

• I actually think the Dior mascara is overrated.  I really think Maybelline Stilletto is really good.

For natural makeup, I really don't recommend the MUFE.  It's pretty heavy and if you have any freckles it will hide them.

My mom uses Origins makeup and loves it. 

You have plenty of time, look around and make the best decision for you.  There's a lot out there, so don't panic.  Sephora will give you as many samples as you want. :)
  • My makeup artist used Mac concealor and Laura Mercier foundation on me for the wedding.  I liked the Laura Mercier so much that I now use it as my every day makeup (the oil-free liquid foundation).  I love it because it doesn't feel heavy at all but still provides good enough coverage. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • I've been using Dior makeup and skincare and I absolutely love it!!  The skincare makes my face feel and look awesome.  The flash spray foundation really worked at covering up my redness and evening my skin tone out.
  • I'm using Smashbox Photo Finish primer and Smashbox Camera Ready foundation in the below pictures. with a fixing spray from Make Up For Ever ($8 for the trial/travel size at Sephora), I didn't have to touch up my foundation all day, and that was with FI touching my face, kissing me, etc, for pictures. (I did have to touch up my lipstick. a lot.) however, I haven't found a concealor I like yet, hence the dark circles under the eyes.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • i love makeup!lol i would get some now so you can do it for your rehearsal dinner & such but for your actual wedding i'd get it done at a salon or department store or hire a make up artist. go to a sephora's or department store & have them try different products & test practice looks you may want & teach you some stuff to do.

i do makeup as a side job & i still might have someone else do it for my wedding. 
  • I am a Mary Kay beauty consultant, and when I read your message I jumped at the chance to respond!  

If you're still looking at all your makeup options, check out my website, www.marykay.com/carichilders. I have an awesome tool called Virtual Makeover.  Just download your picture (make sure it's a clear one with no makeup), follow the easy instructions, and in no time you will be able to try out countless makeup looks!   There is even an option for bridal makeup, which I think is pretty cool. I  have to warn you, it is addicting!

IWe just got in 6 new shades of mineral foundation, which is good if you a have hard-to- match skin tone. If you have any questions about any of our products, just give me a shout. :)

P.S. The Satin Hands collection is an awesome gift for the bridal party!

• Cari- it looks like you're new but vendors can't post here.
  • I like Smashbox a lot, and it looks like it's pretty popular here! :)
    MAC is and will forever be great makeup, too.  Some other good brands are Benefit and Bare Minerals.  If you're on a tighter budget, I really like Jemma Kidd's line at Target.

As for how to apply:  there are some really great makeup tutorials on youtube, or as several others suggested, get a pro to do it for you and enjoy the pampering!!
    Photobucket

Best granddaughter ever: Everleigh Brielle, born 01.04.2012

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I went to Sephora today for a consultation. I don't wear makeup that much anymore, maybe once or twice every couple of months.   I was going to go with Makeup Forever, but it felt kinda heavy.  Not to mention, with the primer, foundation and setting powder - quite expensive.  I mentioned the heavy feeling & cost to the technician assisting me and she had me try Hourglass, a more expensive foundation, but, the primer is built in and there's no need for finishing powder.  And, it was less than the three MUFE products together.  I was able to get a pretty blush as well.

The verdict - it's been several hours, and it looks as fresh as it did when I had it put on in the store and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything.  By the way, the tech put it on using a brush, not a sponge (sponges use up your foundation faster).

I'm going to keep testing this stuff to see if it keeps working.  I'm also going to try the tech's advice on lipcolor.  She told me to avoid the cakey crustiness you can get from long-wear lipstick you can use a lining pencil to color the lips and get shine from a clear gloss.
  • I am loving all the responses!!!  Thank you all  :) 

I am going to try out a bunch of your suggestions & see what works for me.  I just ordered some Smashbox online (the closest store is about 3 hours away).  I am also going to go to Macys to try out Bobbi Brown & MAC. 

I'm so happy to have found this board, you are all so helpful!!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards