Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

EyeLash Thickening

Has anyone used any products to help thicken/grow lashes.  I am looking to try something now for my Sept 2010 wedding?

Re: EyeLash Thickening

• Options
    I'm currently using the Lloreal stuff, just started last week so don't really have results to report yet.

I have a friend who uses latisse and she loves it!
  • Options
    My FI is an eye surgeon, I wish I could just get some from him! But it's not approved in Canada yet, booo! But it definitely works and isn't risky, from what I've been told....I believe it was originally a glaucoma med that has the side effect of growing lashes. Maybe I should just get the glaucoma med from him, LOL. Unfortunately I don't think it will happen!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

How did your friend get a perscription for Latisse? I was wondering about it but am not sure how to go about talking to the eye doctor about it. I also heard that only some Dr.'s perscribe it.  Let me know what your friend did, I am curious.

Homediva-is the product your talking about Latisse or something else? Does your FI have any suggestions?

• Options
    You can get Latisse at American Laser Centers without a prescription (don't know if you have one near you or not). They had a special-if you bought 2 packages for $99 each you would get a free microdermabrasion. You can stretch 1 kit out to last 2 months. If you want to see full results, you are supposed to use it for 16 weeks straight. I bought 2 kits & got 2 free microderms-total cost $198.00!
  • Options
    I would not use Latisse! It turns your eyelids a darker brown color, which can be permenant.  It can also increase pigments in your eye color, which is permenant.  I'm not sure I would want to risk it. (Maybe I'm a scaredy cat hahaha)

http://www.latisse.com/AboutSafety.aspx?state=20

I've heard sweet almond oil works too, but I have never tried it.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5403278_sweet-almond-oil-eyelash-growth.html
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah I work in a pharmacy and Latisse is suppose to be effective, but you do have to be careful because if you have lighter colored eyes (blue, green, etc.), it DOES have the possibility of permanately changing your iris pigmentation and you'll have brown eyes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards