Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

What do you think of Jessica Simpson clip-in hair extensions?

My hair is thin and I went to ULTA today and bought Jessica Simpson clip-in hair extensions, the 19'' layered one.  The website is here to give you an idea what they are: http://www.hairuwear.com/jessica.aspx?pgID=997.

Was wondering what you girls think of its usability?  Whether the look is pretty natural?  Or any other comments?
Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What do you think of Jessica Simpson clip-in hair extensions?

• I'm really interested to hear what people say about this - because I was at Ulta a few weeks ago and considered buying it for myself, but didn't want to dish out $80 without getting some more opinions. I've never worn hair extensions ever...
  • Same here, never wore extensions, either.  The woman said that they're nice except for one thing, and that's that it's synthetic; it cannot be dyed or heat styled.  The only reason why I took the dive was because it was on the clearance rack at 50% off for $40 and I could reuse it for as long as its life after the wedding.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • oh wow, I wish they'd put them on clearance by me! That stinks they can't be heat styled, I'd want to make them wavy or curly
  • To solve that, you could get the kind that's pre-wavy or pre-curly.  Nothing you can do will make it un-wavy or un-curly, even after shampooing it, conditioning it, etc. and the waves and curls do look great.  Or you could spend 3-4x more for real hair at a place like Sally's Beauty Supply Store. :/
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The ones I wear are human hair from Sally's and they are $80 and can be curled, heat styled, etc.

I like those though.  19" seems really long though.  The ones I wear are 14".

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_think-of-jessica-simpson-clip-hair-extensions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:defa8f56-5dfe-4877-8fd6-ee59c3205892Post:69aac464-c09e-4ec1-9749-ce19ac1d8189">Re: What do you think of Jessica Simpson clip-in hair extensions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like those though. <strong> 19" seems really long though.</strong>  The ones I wear are 14".
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

<div>I thought 19'' was long, too. But when I tried them on, they only came down to the middle of my back parallel to my boobs.  I think 19'' is like from the very top.  But the whole thing was sewn in on a mesh shaped like a cap, so maybe the strands at the bottom of the cap were like 14'' or something?  I don't know how it works.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have both the Jessica Simpson and the Sally Beauty human hair ones.  The Jessica Simpson ones are mainly synthetic which means you can get a few wears out of it before it turns into a rats nest.  I found the straight hair pieces to blend the best as far as looking natural and not having plastic hair.  I would not recommend the curly pieces.  Right out of the box they where a hot mess.  It looked so fake that I never even wore it.  The Jessica Simpson pieces are 1 large piece that you put under your real hair.

The Sally Beauty pieces are the winner.  They are real human hair which means you can curl, straighten, and wash them with no problem.  The texture of them was nice and didn't feel like horse hair.  And in one package there are several different length pieces.  I think 4 large ones for the back of you head and 4 short ones for the front.  What I like about them is that you can place them where needed and use only what you need depending on your hair.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_think-of-jessica-simpson-clip-hair-extensions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:defa8f56-5dfe-4877-8fd6-ee59c3205892Post:3313c81c-aec6-4416-98a4-9d09d1056717">Re: What do you think of Jessica Simpson clip-in hair extensions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have both the Jessica Simpson and the Sally Beauty human hair ones.  The Jessica Simpson ones are mainly synthetic which means you can get a few wears out of it before it turns into a rats nest.  I found the straight hair pieces to blend the best as far as looking natural and not having plastic hair.  I would not recommend the curly pieces.  Right out of the box they where a hot mess.  It looked so fake that I never even wore it.  The Jessica Simpson pieces are 1 large piece that you put under your real hair. The Sally Beauty pieces are the winner.  They are real human hair which means you can curl, straighten, and wash them with no problem.  The texture of them was nice and didn't feel like horse hair.  And in one package there are several different length pieces.  I think 4 large ones for the back of you head and 4 short ones for the front.  What I like about them is that you can place them where needed and use only what you need depending on your hair.
    Posted by formerlymeowmeow[/QUOTE]

Ditto . . . BUT The JS ones would be fine for a one day use :)
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My hairdresser recommended that I pick some up at Sally's beauty supply. I picked up real hair clip in extensions for $89 and it can be curled, colored and washed like real hair. I haven't worn them yet, but they are the ones she told me to get.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I'm totally bummed because you only get to use them if you're a blonde or a brunette.  If you have any shade of red at all, you don't get to have any :(
  • a friend of mine used curly Jessica Simpson hair for her wedding and she has very thin blond hair- I thought it looked good! The only reason it looked a little "fake" is because it was such a different look for her, I am so used to seeing her with thin, straight hair. 

Her sister helped her put it in and curled the rest of her hair to match it and it turned out pretty nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just bought some after much research. The ones at Sally's are great except a little thin from what I hear and have 8 pieces if I remember right. The ones I ordered are 160 grams and are super thick! I'll post a link of a youtube video just so you can have a look. If you go to Imogen's subsriber page you can see all her different videos and she has tons of different colors. There are also lots of different reviews from people on youtube as well. You can cut them, dye them, heat style or anything you like :)   I can't wait to get mine!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkz6veEjfqI
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh yeah, they're called foxy locks extensions and come from the UK, they cost $125 including shipping and include 10 pieces!! yay!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_think-of-jessica-simpson-clip-hair-extensions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:defa8f56-5dfe-4877-8fd6-ee59c3205892Post:67e435f5-2d26-439f-af0e-ea8f31ca8d21">Re: What do you think of Jessica Simpson clip-in hair extensions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went into Sally's and matched a set to my hair color. Then went home and ordered them online because I found a coupon code that gave you 20% off. The total was $63!! And that's for REAL human hair.
    Posted by amandamong[/QUOTE]

<div>Where??</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 20% off Coupon code: 555938

I think it expires Oct 31 2010.

Once you click 'CHECK OUT', you can see where to type it in right beside the total! Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards