Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Miracle treatments

I used Philosophy's The Micodelivery peel followed by Boscia's Lumizining Black mask this morning while I was doing dishes and folding laundry before work, and then just threw on a little mascara and lip balm.  Everyone at the office is commenting on how awake and glowing I look!  Which is awesome because I slept about 4 hours last night (insomnia + a good book does that to me).

What are your last-minute beauty treatments that just work wonders? 

Re: Miracle treatments

• I was planning on stopping at Sephora this weekend to pick up Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel!  My MUA recommended it last month and I just haven't gotten a chance to stop by Sephora.  I don't know anyone else who uses it, so I'm glad to hear you like it!

I don't have any last minute miracle treatments, but I do have a few miracle products that I couldn't live without:

I am addicted to manuka honey products (by Wild Ferns).  Manuka honey was recommended to me because I normally have a lot of redness in my face.  Since I've been using these products, I've had very little redness and my face is so incredibly smooth!  So they're definitely on my miracle treatment list.

Along the same lines, I'd been breaking out at least once a month since the summer of 2010.  This past summer, I started using NZ Fusion Botanicals Skin Clear Creme.  This is also a manuka honey product.  I think I've experienced one breakout since I've been using it.  It's amazing!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • At home microdermabrasion is probably my favorite.  Also I am a Mary Kay user and the new Restore and Recovery complex stuff is amazing--I use it by itself without doing microderm and in the morning it looks like I did microderm the night before.

I will also say that I cut out salt and caffeine two weeks before my wedding, and on my wedding day, my skin probably looked the best that it ever has (and my stomach was totally flat also).

• 100% Argan oil-  I have Josie Maran, but know there are some others out there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_miracle-treatments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:e66b2556-7678-4c68-b909-6bc5f4c4ba82Post:9f76973c-6544-4630-878d-bf9f60bb24e6">Re: Miracle treatments</a>:
    [QUOTE]At home microdermabrasion is probably my favorite.  Also I am a Mary Kay user and the new Restore and Recovery complex stuff is amazing--I use it by itself without doing microderm and in the morning it looks like I did microderm the night before. I will also say that I cut out salt and <strong>caffeine</strong> two weeks before my wedding, and on my wedding day, my skin probably looked the best that it ever has (and my stomach was totally flat also).
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Serious question... HOW did you do this?
  • I'm planning on cutting salt and carbs before the wedding, but I don't think I could handle no caffeine.  I just might try though!

llS31- I love the microdelivery peel!  I use it 2-3x a week for 10 minutes and follow up with a moisturizing mask.  It really keeps my pores from getting blocked.  Its not as intense as the Brazilian peel, which I also love and might start doing again a few months before the wedding.

I'm turning 28 right before the wedding, and I'm starting to get paranoid about wrinkles/dull skin as I approach 30.  This helps keep me looking fresh!
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I can handle cutting out caffeine - I don't drink coffee or soda.  I'm planning on cutting out salt before our wedding but that's going to be rough.  When I crave junk food, it's usually chips or salty things - not sweets.  I'm really not sure I'll be able to do it.

I'll be 32 this summer.  My skin has certainly changed as I've gotten older.  Not so much wrinkles, but it lacks the youthfulness it once had.  It sucks, but I'm doing my best to take care of it.  
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's just for 2 weeks people!  :) 

Seriously, I am one of those people that always looks bloated and puffy in pictures, even though I am petite.  My face was so thin and I just had one chin and everything!  I am seriously considering trying it again because I am back pretty heavy on the diet soda and it shows.

And I didn't cut out salt completely--just really looked at labels, etc., no canned soup, crackers, popcorn, etc.  And I didn't drink diet soda either--honestly, if you still want to have coffee but just avoid carbonated drinks and salt, that would probably do just as well.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_miracle-treatments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:e66b2556-7678-4c68-b909-6bc5f4c4ba82Post:c35ceeea-5976-4f4d-a80c-11011e84988c">Re: Miracle treatments</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's just for 2 weeks people!  :)  Seriously, I am one of those people that always looks bloated and puffy in pictures, even though I am petite.  My face was so thin and I just had one chin and everything!  I am seriously considering trying it again because I am back pretty heavy on the diet soda and it shows. And I didn't cut out salt completely--just really looked at labels, etc., no canned soup, crackers, popcorn, etc.  And I didn't drink diet soda either--honestly, <strong>if you still want to have coffee but just avoid carbonated drinks and salt, that would probably do just as well.</strong>
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Ohthankgod!  That I can do, but I don't think I could function at work without my daily tea breaks and morning espresso.  I'm planning a green juice, raw veggie, fruit, and lean protein diet the last 2-3 weeks, which sounds yummy to me, but I may get violent without my caffeine. 
  • I don't do carbonated drinks at all, and I drink a lot of water throughout the day. I have just a blatant coffee addiction.
    I really think the pounding headaches would outweigh any good... but I could go straight-up black, one cup/day for 2 weeks.
    Oh I could also try this Microdelivery Peel!

And in all honesty, that juice diet sounds amazing. Have you ever seen Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. He lives for 60 days on nothing but juices and all I could think the whole time was 'We GOTTA register for a juicer.' It looked DELISH.
  • I sooo want to get into juicing--but I am afraid I would invest all this money on a juicer and organic ingredients just so the juicer would end up sitting in the cabinet.
  • I've done a modified juice cleanse before, not to lose weight, but just to "reset" my system.  Basically, after 3 or 4 days of just juices, raw veggies and fruit your body "forgets" to crave salt and sugar and fat, and its much easier to maintain a healthy diet.  I juice daily and it makes me a MUCH happier, healthier person.  Plus fennel/apple/spinach/lemon/ginger juice (extra ginger please) is one of the best things I've ever tasted.
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I use Oil of Olay microdermabraison twice a week. I'm also drinking only water except for 4-5 oz at night with dinner. I'm going to try to cut out soda but it's going to be tough. Salt is a huge thing for me as well. I used to crave it so bad I would just eat a hand full of it. I also kept packets in my car....I know, gross. I have since drastically cut out salt. I try to not eat anything I would normally dump salt on. My food was always white! It was the hardest thing to do!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_miracle-treatments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:e66b2556-7678-4c68-b909-6bc5f4c4ba82Post:a24e2dc2-8229-4e8f-a7e3-5f4378992985">Re: Miracle treatments</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miracle treatments : Ohthankgod!  That I can do, but I don't think I could function at work without my daily tea breaks and morning espresso.  I'm planning a green juice, raw veggie, fruit, and lean protein diet the last 2-3 weeks, which sounds yummy to me,<strong> but I may get violent without my caffeine. </strong>
    Posted by NYCFoodieBride[/QUOTE]
    I almost choked on my water with that one. I totally feel you. I think a lot of the issue with coffee is the stuff we put in it. I have a non-dairy coconut milk creamer that I use, and I try to use real sugar, rather than substitutes. I don't think I can go without it completely, but maybe start cutting back on the quantity. I have all of these loose leaf teas that I never drink because I'm never home!<div>
    </div><div>I don't think I eat a lot of salt, but I might be wrong. I'm really trying to push to eat cleaner. I'm at the 2 month mark now. Can't waste anymore time!</div><div>
    </div><div>And to answer the original question, I also use the MK Microdermabrasion. That stuff is amazing. </div>
  • I'm 26 but I'm super anal about my skincare routine.  I use the following and my skin has improved in the pass couple years by a lot:

Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel- What an awesome exfoliator.  I wear makeup everyday and I make sure I take everything off and follow by a cleanser and mositurizer.

Philosophy's Vitamin C powder- I mix it in my sunblock and moisturizer.  Clearest skin I've had. 

Clarisonic- Just started using this, but I can already till its a miracle product. 

Pumpkin Facials every month- It's a gycolic peel mixed with vitamin C and vitamin A

Ole Henrikson Protect The Truth SPF 50+- Its great to wear under makeup.  Nongreasy. 

I will start getting microdermabrasions. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards