Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair VS. Dress

So I am getting married next June and I realize I have quite a while till the wedding but I am one of those people that is just so excited about the wedding that I want to plan it all right now, including the hair. I have already bought my dress and whenever I was dress shopping I was wanting to wear my hair down at the wedding. I realize that it will be hot because its almost July but I won't feel like myself if my hair is up. I never wear it up. Plus, Jp is use to me wearing it down and I want to llook like the girl he fell in love with... not some stranger. But here's the issue. My dress has a BUNCH of ruffles going on at the bottom (I attched a picture below). I fell in love with the dress bc its so much fun! But it looks better with my hair up. And I really want to wear a birdcage veil with it bc they look perfect together. But then if you have a birdcage shouldnt you wear your hair up? I haven't been able to find any half up hairstyles that looks like they would compliment it.... Heres a picture of the dress so you can help me visualize. I want it down and loose big styles curls. My hairdresser will do the hairstyle so thats not an issue because she's amazing but I just want to still look like me. Any ideas?

Re: Hair VS. Dress

• Options
    I agree with a side ponytail...you could keep your curls, but with it kind of being up off of your neck for the most part

• Options

See thats the same thing I was thinking Dizz but then again... I NEVER have the sleek polished look. My style is more loose and vintage bohemian. So I dont think Ithe perfect ponytail would look like me.

Maybe if I did your other idea half up/down with it all behind my shoudlers (my hair is pretty long so it would stay back there) with it loosley curled and flowers holding the cage in place in the back would be pretty. That way my front would still look polished and uncluttered and then my back would still have my hair like i normally wear....

And Steph I thought about a loose side ponytail but I don't want to have too much to look at. I would have the cage, the hair, dress, and I want people to still see me. Not a hot mess... I think I'm over analyzing tho. Thanks guys!

• Options
    I'm having the same issue. I have a dress thats a little more simple but with ruffles- Sad I'm a hairstylist and am so lost on my own hair. ( Its funny when it comes to doing our own hair we somehow lose our knowledge of everything)  What if you did something like this??

They are all a little softer of a feel to the styles everyone has stated
  • Options
    i would do a half up half down (just like the model in the picture) or the side pony tail.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards