Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair with Ballgown!

I can't decide if I want it up or half-up/down. I am prone to wearing it down because I have long hair, however the wedding is in New Orleans and i'm scared by the end of the day the curls won't hold in a down hair style.. AND since it is such a formal dress I don't know if that would be the deal breaker, I posted a pic of the dress below. What are you all doing or have done? I would love to see pics!! Thanks!!

Re: Hair with Ballgown!

• I think something up but low would good, they have so many low updos on pinterest. You could even do something to the side. Very pretty dress!
  • I wore a ballgown as well and wore it all the way up.  I didn't want my neck to get all hot and sticky.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Can you do up with a few face framing pieces? It is a very formal gown and I think an elegant updo with some crystals that mimic the style of the gown would be beautiful.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_hair-with-ballgown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:ee280889-8449-4482-8bd6-fb9cf646e510Post:6cc3b8c3-16fa-4957-8bf5-5ca928abf12f">Hair with Ballgown!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't decide if I want it up or half-up/down. I am prone to wearing it down because I have long hair, however the wedding is in New Orleans and i'm scared by the end of the day the curls won't hold in a down hair style.. AND since it is such a formal dress I don't know if that would be the deal breaker, I posted a pic of the dress below. What are you all doing or have done? I would love to see pics!! Thanks!!
    Posted by tnmegeliz[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I am wearing a ballgown as well! I also live in south Louisiana and the humidity is dreadful and my wedding is in July. I have waist length hair and I am very proud of it so I refuse to wear an up do. Instead I am going to wear it over one shoulder and curly. I will probably add a broach or something like that to my "side do" since I am not wearing a veil.</div><div>I hoped this helped<3</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's a personal call. I vote try it both ways. Give yourself a basic half up do similar to what you would do for your wedding day, try dress on & have someone take a photo of you. Then put it up & do the same & compare.

But you know your hair and how well it will or won't hold a curl. I didn't catch when your wedding is. If it's during a time of year where it will be warm and/or humid I would take that into consideration. 

Something to think about, once the ceremony is done, photos are done, and the formal activities of the reception are done (first dance, etc) will it really matter to you if you're hair has lose it's curl? If the answer is yes, then go total updo. 

The main thing is that you want to be happy with how you look and be comfortable too.
  • if your gown is strapless, it is better to put your hair up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards