Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Moisturizer for combo/oily skin???

So I tend to be really oily and break out in my T zone, my nose, my chin, and a little on my cheeks. Every other area on my face is dry, dry, dry. It's gotten so bad it's like peeling. I'm afraid to use moisturizer because I don't want to break out. Any suggestions?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Moisturizer for combo/oily skin???

•  I have the same skin issue as you do! I use Equate Complete UV Moisturizer! It even has SPF 15! I love it! It doesn't leave you oily what so ever and it really helps dry, flaky skin!
    ~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~
  • edited August 2012
    I have similar issues, my cheeks and forehead get super oily and break out but everything else is dry. My dermatologist recommended Cera Ve. Its super lightweight and hypoallergenic/noncomedogenic (sp?). The bottle is a bit pricy at 12.99 but since its only you're face it lasts a long time. I've seen it at Walmart and CVS, usually its on the bottom shelf.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_moisturizer-for-combooily-skin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:ef487b78-2c1e-4da5-b45d-3d183b04feb7Post:4c3d4675-7783-4056-adf3-242679db1454">Re: Moisturizer for combo/oily skin???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have similar issues, my cheeks and forehead get super oily and break out but everything else is dry. My dermatologist recommended Cera Ve. Its super lightweight and hypoallergenic/noncomedogenic (sp?). The bottle is a bit pricy at 12.99 but since its only you're face it lasts a long time. I've seen it at Walmart and CVS, usually its on the bottom shelf.
    Posted by jessjunk88[/QUOTE]
     <div>
    </div><div>I second this! I work at a dermatologists office and this is what we always recommend! I use it everyday the AM has a 30 spf which is great because anything less isn't protecting you like it should. Basically any of the cerave products are great.</div>
    Anniversary
  • I have combo/oily skin and the trick is that you DO need to moisturize. Your skin produces sebum (oil) when it is too dry, which causes us to wash our faces more thus drying it out more in a vicious cycle. I use Enzymion facial moisturizer from LUSH Cosmetics and it is a godsend. It not only feeds moisture to your skin, but it mattifies to keep your skin from getting shiny throughout the day. My skin has never felt so 'normal' before. The price can be a little intimidating at $39 for a pot but just dab your finger into the pot and whatever film covers your fingertip will cover your whole face, especially if you spritz your face with a little toner water first. Enzymion moisturizer is pricier than most people are used to, but the pot will last you about a year if you use it right. Trust me on this, if you have a LUSH Cosmetics located near you, go in for a skin consultation and they will take care of you; this stuff will change your life. They'll even set you up with samples of the skin care routine they think is best for you so you can try it out for a week or so, which is great so you know that it works for sure before you buy it. Hope this helps!
  • Hi Ladies,

As a dermatlogist consultant for Rodan and Fields (creator of Proactiv), everyone's skin is different.  I would recommend going to the Doctor's Solution Tool on my website:

https://sllanes.myrandf.com/Pages/OurProducts/GetAdvice/SolutionsTool

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards