Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Blingy bobby pins but not a hair piece????

I have been thinking about what I want to have in my hair on my wedding day, and I am not too crazy about the idea of a big hair piece or a tiara.  I am, however, definitely liking the idea of having blingies in it sporatically.  I haven't seen these anywhere and I am wondering if any of you have found any type of rhinestone that is either attached to a bobby pin or can be added to your hair or something along those lines.  if so, where did you find them at? 

Re: Blingy bobby pins but not a hair piece????

• Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2012
    They are actually pretty hard to find.  My mom found them 2 years ago at Walmart of all places and held onto them for my wedding.  My hairdresser was surprised that I had them and said that she can't find them anymore. You will probably have more luck on the internet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've seen them at Claires, the Icing, Michael's and Hobby Lobby.  For prom, I made my own- I just got beads from Michaels in pearl and silver crystal thingies and made my own. :)  The swirl clips/twists also work real well. 

http://www.claires.com/store/the-goods/Teens/cat420028/What's-Hot/Party-Jewelry/Party-Hair/
    http://shop.hobbylobby.com/search/default.aspx?searchTerm=Hair+Clips+-+Rhinestone

• Options
    AthseaAthsea member
    First Comment
    I've found these spiral things with rhinestones on them at Claire's. You just wind them into your hair like a corkscrew, and you have these pretty sparkles on your head. They don't slip out like bobby pins can, but do come out easily when you spin them the opposite direction. 
  • Options
    i bought my bobby pins with a sparkle jewel on the end from my seamstress.  They looked great in my hair since I wore my hair down with loose curls, but they did move a lot in my hair throughout the night. Looking back on some pics, I wish I hadn't used them since they moved a lot.  If you find them, try them way ahead of time to see if they stay all day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a million bobby pins with sparkly stuff rhinestoney on them.  Some that are just rhinestones, some that are little flowers or birds or whatever. I've gotten them at Banana Republic, Target, and various cute local accessory stores.

Are you wearing your hair up or down?  If it's up, they'll work great.  Down, and it depends on your hair texture.  If you have fine hair, I would't do it.

I don't know what PP is referring to when she says that they are hard to find?  I buy them constantly and see them all over the place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards