Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Another newbie!

Hello!  I'm new to the board, just got engaged over the weekend! I've been spying on this website for a while, now I can finally ask questions!! Very excited to start planning... looking at May of next year!  Any suggestions on a modern/contemporary venue that holds 150-200 people? My budget is 15k for everything, which is not much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker TnE0217

Re: Another newbie!

• Options
    Welcome and congrats!

You might check out the YWCA in Ft. Worth.  A lot of girls have had ceremony/reception there, and it's very easy to decorate to your specifications!

I had my reception at Cityplace, and some of their spaces might fit within your budget (one of the rooms had a $7500 f&b minimum, and I think another had even lower).
    Anniversary

• Options
    Welcome!  $15K isn't a bad budget at all.  Remember that your venue and food and beverage are your biggest costs.  The best way to get that down is to keep your guest list as small as possible.  Also having your wedding on a Friday, Sunday, or Saturday afternoon will save as well if that is an option.

You might look at Event1013 in Plano as being a more modern venue that is also reasonably priced.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_another-newbie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f94155ec-b8d0-4518-b01b-f1d15794cdc1Post:ddda59c8-04d7-4f33-927f-e82f50cc3e51">Re: Another newbie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome!  $15K isn't a bad budget at all.  Remember that your venue and food and beverage are your biggest costs.  The best way to get that down is to keep your guest list as small as possible.  Also having your wedding on a Friday, Sunday, or Saturday afternoon will save as well if that is an option. <strong>You might look at Event1013 in Plano as being a more modern venue that is also reasonably priced.</strong>
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

<div>I was going to suggest this, but I don't think it's big enough for her expected guest count.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012

Well, they say on TK the capacity is 200 so I was just going by that. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_another-newbie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f94155ec-b8d0-4518-b01b-f1d15794cdc1Post:813e7bec-628e-4b2d-9b61-6a331a4e12cb">Re: Another newbie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, they say on TK the capacity is 200 so I was just going by that. 
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

<div>Really?  I have walked by there often, and it doesn't look like it could hold that many!  If it can, it is definitely an awesome location!</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    Welcome! I am getting married at the Filter Building at White Rock Lake, and it says it holds max 200 but from word of mouth I've heard it's more 150-175. We are having 150.
    Congrats again!
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Welcome and congrats!

The Room on Main can look pretty modern, depending on the decorations. I'm not sure how many it holds but I would guess 200.

T&P Station in Fort Worth is another good one. It will fit 200 for sure.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Congratulations! I thought it was fitting to add my suggestions since this is my first time on the boards as well. I'm venue hunting next weekend, but in my area (Fort Worth) I've found Vickery at 809, The Fort Worth Club, Northeast Wedding Chapel, The Belltower, and Ashton Depot. Not sure all of those places can accommodate 200 people, but hopefully it helps!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the congrats and info! I'm so excited to get started!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker TnE0217
  • Options
    arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    Congrats! And Welcome to the May 2013 club! (Happy pre-versarty to me! I can't wait for a year from now!!)

Aprtspace 111 was a really pretty space I considered, don't know the capacity.  I liked 809 Vickery too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards