Options

Tell me your song...

What did you choose for:

Your First Dance?

Father/Daughter Dance?

Any other dance you feel like sharing?

Re: Tell me your song...

• Options
    Well, I am a country music fan but H is not even though he tolerates it.

First dance: Then by Brad Paisley

Father/daughter dance: Sweet Melissa (that is my name) by The Almond Brothers, my dad also requested it, so I couldn't tell him no

Last dance: Love like Crazy by Lee Brice

Garter toss: Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood

Bouquet toss: This Ones for the Girls by Martina McBride

try weddingwire.com for more ideas. Your dj should also be able to help you. Ours gave us a list of ideas for songs for the different dances. HTH
  • Options

First dance is still up in the air as said in PP, I love country, but FI doesn't love it, so we are looking for something we both love.  We are leaning towards Better Together by Jack Johnson.

For my father daughter dance we are doing May I have this Dance? by Anne Murray.  I chose this because it was my parents first dance song when they got married and my mon died when I was 19, so I thought it would be special for my dad and I.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't know why I can't remember what song we chose for the father/daughter dance. It was one our DJ recommended and apparently it is a popular one for that dance.

For our first dance, we danced to "Wonder of You" by Elvis. It's a great song and seemed to fit us perfectly!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • Options
    First dance, leaning towards Whatever It Is by Zac Brown Band. I LOVE this song, FI loves it too but he isn't sure how we are going to dance to it since it's a little faster.
    Father/Daughter will be Hope You Dance (Leann Womac) or My Wish (Rascal Flatts) and we might do the father/daughter mother/son dance at the same time.
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2010
    First Dance:  Brad Paisley - Then
    Father/Daughter: Rascal Flatts - My Wish
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Father/Daughter Song - I'll Stand By You by the Pretenders or Just Breathe by Pearl Jam
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    We're torn between two songs for our first dance.  We like "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds, as well as "Seasons of Love" from RENT.  We've seen both in person, so they have special meaning, so... not sure.

As for father/daughter and mother/son (we're not doing spotlight; instead we're doing both simultaneously) we will be dancing to "In My Life" by The Beatles.

We're not doing any other structured dances.  We'll probably decide on some special last dance of the night, but no garter, no bouquet, no wedding party dance, etc. 

Although, since I'm so excited about my ceremony, I want to share those too:

Processional will be the Vitamin String Quartet cover of Somebody to Love by Queen.
    Bridal March will be Con Te Partiro by Andrea Bocelli.

I'm so pumped about those.
    This knottie's been ransacked, suckas!
  • Options
    First Dance: Swept Away by the Avett Brothers
    Father/Daughter Dance: Heavenly Day by Patty Griffin

...struggling to find a Mother/Son song. We want something unique and not at all cheesy.

• Options
    We are debating between two first dance songs: Fade Into You by Mazzy Star and Sea of Love (the Cat Power version). We aren't doing any other dances.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    We didn't do any parent dances, but our first dance was Sinatra's "Come Fly With Me."
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    First Dance: "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson

Father/Daughter and Mother/Son (Did both at the same time): "Over The Rainbow"-The Hawaiian version

Cake Cutting: "Fly Me Away" by Annie Little (It's the song from the Kindle commercials)

Last Dance: "Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    First Dance: The Day Before You (Matthew West)
    Father/Daughter: Walk With You (Edwin McCain)
  • Options
    edited July 2010

For my first wedding our first dance was:
     I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing - Aerosmith

The Father/Daughter dance was the song my parents named me after.

The Mother/Son dance was:
    Angel's Son - Sevendust

I don't think FI and I will be doing any special dances, but I absolutely loved these songs :)

• Options
    cfather daughter dance will be elvis costellos all grown up .my fav

but the rest we're clueless. i despire cliche  romantic songs for first dances. i dont want to dance to rod stewert lol. but fi said it should at least be a love song despite the tempo or genre so i dunno yet
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Dance:  "Stolen" Dashboard Confessional
    Father-daughter Dance: potentially "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", but dad hasn't looked at it on youtube yet:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I
    Last Song: "Don't Stop Believin'" Journey
  • Options
    First dance:  "How Sweet it is to be Loved by You" by Marvin Gaye
    Father/Daughter:  "You Make Me Smile" by Uncle Cracker
    Mother/Son:  "The Space Between" by Dave Matthews Band
    Cake cutting:  "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard
    Bouquet toss:  "Girls, Girls, Girls" by Motley Crue
    Garter toss:  "Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Your First Dance? Angel Eyes by Jeff Healey

Father/Daughter Dance?
    In My Life by The Beatles

Any other dance you feel like sharing?  You Can Leave Your Hat On by Joe Cocker for garter toss
    Our Wedding Day
  • Options
    First dance: "Dear Bobbie" by Yellowcard
    Father/daughter dance: either "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman or "You Can Let Go Now Daddy" by Crystal Shawanda
    Mother/Son dance: either "Then They Do" by Trace Atkins or "She's Somebody's Hero" by Jaime O'Neal
  • Options
    What did you choose for:

Your First Dance? Giving you the Best That I Got - Anita Baker

Boquet Toss? All The Single Ladies - Beyonce

Last Song? This Will Be An Everlasting Love - Natlie Cole
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Song of Solomon 4:10
  • Options
    first dance is tbd.

father daughter dance is "my girl" by the temptations.

also, i know it;s not really a "dance" but im walking down the aisle to "same girl" by jack johnson and i am so excited.  i love JJ!
  • Options

the only official dance we're doing is our first dance. it will be to Rilo Kiley's "More Adventurous".

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Options
    @thelowies:
    your last few songs are cracking me up! i take it you're hair band fans? :)

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Options

first dance--I made it myself, it's Elvis Presley "Fools Rush in" and then cuts into Weezer's "If you're wondering, I love you too"

father/daughter--I'm letting my dad pick and he said he's going to surprise me

mother/son--they're greek so they're picking out a traditional greek song that they both like

• Options
    First Dance: Everything I do, I do it for you
    Father Daughter dance: Butterfly kisses
  • Options
    Your First Dance? Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Lady Antebellum

Father/Daughter Dance? My father passed away last year, so my best friend is going to walk me and dance with me, we have no idea what song to pick, though! Any suggestions?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI is going to pick the first dance song, so it will be a surprise for me! 

Dad is going to pick the father-daughter dance song, so again, a surprise.

I am walking down the aisle to the Pianotarium version of Nothing Else Matters (Metallica) and we will probably use the Pianotarium versions of the Renewal (1/2/3) as guests are seated, and the wedding party gets set up :)  I know they're weird selections, but we both love Metallica, and really, with the piano versions, no one will really know what they are, unless they're fans too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 62 Made the cut!
    image 58 Are ready to fly with us image 4 Are missing out! image As of August 14th, everyone has finally made up their minds!
  • Options
    First Dance: "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Jem

Father/Daughter Dance: "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle
  • Options
    First Dance: "Storybook Love" by Willie DeVille.  If you've ever seen the movie The Princess Bride, it's the theme song.  We watched it on our first date.
    Father/Daughter Dance: My dad is surprising me and won't tell me what it is.
    Mother/Son: "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts
    Cake Cutting: "Eat It" by Weird Al
    Bouquet Toss: "Single Ladies" by Beyonce
    Garter Toss: "Whip It"
    Last Dance: "Last Dance" by Frank Sinatra.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First dance:  Right now, we're thinking "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath, but that might change. 
    Father/Daughter:  "I Loved Her First" by Heartland
    I had forgotten about all the other things I have to pick music for!
    December 18, 2010!!! Never thought I would be a winter bride; just hoping we don't get snowed in until AFTER the wedding!
  • Options
    For our first dance, I'm thinking Lifehouse's "You and Me" and Steven Curtis Chapman's " Playing Cinderella."  I really want songs that are not the typically used ones for the first dances.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards