Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Unity Sand Ceremony.

I just read about the unity sand ceremony and I'm really interested in it. I'm getting married in February, so I have time to explore my options so to speak :) I was just wondering if anyone here has done this, or been to a wedding where this was done. Do you say the vows while pouring the sand? Or what is said during this? 

Thanks!

Re: Unity Sand Ceremony.

• Options
    I'm very sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, I'm new to this :)
  • Options
    You just use this in place of the unity candle.  Talk to your officiant about where in the ceremony order this should go.  You can also good unity sand ceremony or unity candle ceremony (as they are interchangeable) about what is said and how exactly they work.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We had a sand ceremony and then presented roses to our Moms, hugged our parents.  Pics in married bio.

Our Officiant said some words about what the sand ceremony was and our parents, and then just music played while we actually did the pouring of the sand and hugging our parents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are planning on doing the sand. We are doing ours a little different too. We are having some members of our families putting some sand and then we will pour our sand in representing that not only us coming together but ours families joining and signifing that as we take our vows, they are commiting to helping us along the way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards