July 2012 Weddings
Options

Best News Ever

So I'm totally being an attention whore right now - but I Just got the best news ever.

Abuela is going on a 2 week trip to Omaha starting April 1st.

Thank god! Two weeks with her out of the freakin' apartment.

:: dances ::

Maybe she'll decide to stay. :p
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Best News Ever

• Options
    bahhahahahahaha!!!!  YAY!!!!!  how has that been going??
  • Options
    Yay for you! Any way to just buy her a one way ticket? :p
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_best-news-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:37cdd6a7-c89c-41ae-ad48-fbe72200b23ePost:2c1f2c87-3f68-4c9a-a523-4ea44787fc8c">Re: Best News Ever</a>:
    [QUOTE]bahhahahahahaha!!!!  YAY!!!!!  how has that been going??
    Posted by littlemoments324[/QUOTE]

I've been just smiling and "hola"ing and "adios"ing and just keeping the peace - so it's actually been okay.

I was looking forward to the honeymoon to get away from her - but this is even sooner! :o)

Woohoo. Lol.

We didn't buy the ticket - his sisters did - otherwise..;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hahahahaha  you're so nice!
  • Options
    Woohoo for you! I hope I don't run into her around town...j/k. Does your FI have family here, in Omaha?
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Celebration for you! That will be really nice for you and FI to have some alone time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_best-news-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:37cdd6a7-c89c-41ae-ad48-fbe72200b23ePost:1e80be43-b21a-4976-9ff8-e974c29ba3a4">Re: Best News Ever</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woohoo for you! I hope I don't run into her around town...j/k. Does your FI have family here, in Omaha?
    Posted by ajmom2two[/QUOTE]

Yeah. His entire immediate family is in Omaha. Sisters and their husbands, our nephew, his mom, his mom's husband..all in Omaha. Abuela is flying there for our nephew's birthday and to see his sisters. His sister needs her way more than we do here...so...I truly have this hope she wants to stay there..lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay!! Congrats that must be such an awesome feeling.  You'll have to make all sorts of plans to hang out with FI while she's gone haha.

Anniversary
  • Options
    YES!!!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Hey who knows! Maybe she will get inspired and want to stay or move back, if you say they need her there. ;-)

And now just what are you and FI going to do with all that time on your hands?! I'm sure you'll be so excited to finally have your apt to yourself you won't know what to do first haha. Or you just might find yourself frantically running to the door to greet FI out of habit a couple of times forgetting she's not there to race you lol. Enjoy it girl!! :D
  • Options
    Woo hoo I knew right away that this post had to do with abuela from the title lol
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    :) Haha.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    Whhooohhooo, that is awesome!! Enjoy your relaxation for 2 weeks!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Nice! Let's hope she loves Ohama more than she can imagine right now...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yay!  Maybe your FI will also see how much better life is with the 2 of you when she's not around!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_best-news-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:37cdd6a7-c89c-41ae-ad48-fbe72200b23ePost:75f37439-6229-4e39-920f-4d367978d31b">Re: Best News Ever</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should make a romantic dinner in your undies for FI.  It might not hurt to show her why Omaha is AWESOME, and over the 2 weeks show him why having your apartment to yourselves is even MORE AWESOME!  wink wink  Haha
    Posted by janeneo[/QUOTE]

Best idea ever! You've got a 2 week plan to map out missy! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_best-news-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:37cdd6a7-c89c-41ae-ad48-fbe72200b23ePost:9ea1ff74-804d-4b3a-8e33-9f8e5530a5b2">Best News Ever</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm totally being an attention whore right now - but I Just got the best news ever. Abuela is going on a 2 week trip to Omaha starting April 1st. Thank god! Two weeks with her out of the freakin' apartment. :: dances :: Maybe she'll decide to stay. :p
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

Looks like someone won the lottery =)
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_best-news-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:37cdd6a7-c89c-41ae-ad48-fbe72200b23ePost:3ebcea45-a22e-4e84-a0bc-cf195e4609d2">Re: Best News Ever</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry for the kinda-newbie q, but what's up with (I assume your FI's) Abuela? I've been curious for a while. ...and why is she with you if everyone else is in Omaha? Hooray for having the apartment to yourselves! That must be great!
    Posted by Schatzi13[/QUOTE]

Because her and my FI are attached at the hip. :p She sort of raised him (which I'm learning was "by force" - as in - she pushed his mom to the sideline..like she does me)

She lives with us in our two bedroom apartment..and babies FI and annoys me. ;-)

We have a love/hate relationship. I care about her - but she drives me nuts with the little things she does to pick at me - and I pick at her right back.

:p It's a history.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_best-news-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:37cdd6a7-c89c-41ae-ad48-fbe72200b23ePost:75f37439-6229-4e39-920f-4d367978d31b">Re: Best News Ever</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should make a romantic dinner in your undies for FI.  It might not hurt to show her why Omaha is AWESOME, and over the 2 weeks show him why having your apartment to yourselves is even MORE AWESOME!  wink wink  Haha
    Posted by janeneo[/QUOTE]

Haha. Love it! <3

You ladies rock - always entertaining. :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards