Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Save the Dates

Ladies, I'm very new at this.  Is it mandatory to send out save-the-dates?  I'm trying to save some cash and it seems very easy to bypass; I just don't know all the rules.
Anniversary

Re: Save the Dates

• They aren't necessary at all. If you do want to send one, you can send an email STD for free with a link to your website with any travel info.
  • I'm not going to. The people coming in from out of town who would have to make travel plans are family (close family - parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins), and a handful of friends, all of whom we'll tell individually. The in-town peeps are more flexible since they don't need to book flights or hotels. Then again, we're having a pretty small wedding. I agree it's a waste of money though.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • my fiancee and I decided to only send the save the dates to the guests that would have to make travel and hotel arrangements. We have a few people out of the country. Everyone else we are inviting are pretty much in our area and have regular contact with us. So receiving the wedding invitation a few months (1-2 months, right?) before the wedding should be sufficient time for them to make any plans.
  • Usually Save-the-Dates are only sent to out of town guests anyway. We're only going to have one out of towner, so there's no point for us. But even if you have out of town guests it's still not mandatory. STD's are still a pretty new trend in the wedding world.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards