Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Korean ceremony traditions

My fiance is Korean and we want to have a Korean ceremony either the night before or the morning before our American ceremony (where we're actually getting married).  Unfortunately, he doesn't know much at all about what typically happens in a Korean ceremony - can anyone help??

Re: Korean ceremony traditions

• Hi there!  And welcome to the board!  There may be ladies here who can answer this question, but there is also a Korean Weddings board that may be of assistance.  
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • FWIW, my cousin is getting married in Korea and asked her FI what she was supposed to do, plan, etc. He told her he'd take care of it. As far as she knows, they are relatively quick and painless with one custom involving the bride catching dates in her skirt to symbolize how many children they will have. I looked at the Korean board for her, but it was very slow. Maybe you can spice it up!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • One Korean tradition is the wedding ducks.  I bought mine for $7.50 (for 2 ducks) on this website.  It also includes a description of how the ducks are used and the history behind them.  Other than that I don't know a whole lot about current Korean customs...Hope this helps!

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards