Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Old and borrowed

Ok i get married Saturday...and having nothing old or borrowed. Suggestions please?

Re: Old and borrowed

• Options
    Get in contact with your mother or grandmother.  Maybe there is a piece of jewelry or kercheif you can borrow.  For something old it can be something from your own collection, as long as your fiance didn't give it to you.

I'm using a bracelet my little brother gave me years ago as my something old.  I'm using my great great grandmother's kercheif as my something borrowed.

Hope this helps good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Old - necklace my great uncle gave to me before he passed (tied to my bouquet)

Borrowed - my mom's clutch from her wedding and the kerchief her grandma made for her for her wedding
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Old- a 1920s butterfly broach that I pined to my bouquet
    Borrowed- a bracelet from my aunt and handkerchief from my grandma.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Here's mine:
    Borrowed= Mom's engagement ring
    Old= skeleton key to my grandparents first home, tied in my bouquet
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Old-Grandmother's wedding ring as part of my bouquet

Borrowed-Was stuck since I don't need to borrow anything, so I settled for MOH's favorite perfume. It counts ;-)
  • Options

Old = Great grandmother's Rosary that she prayed with every night until she passed.  It actually belonged to HER grandfather, which would make it something ANCIENT, not really OLD.

Borrowed = The banners at the church on either side of the tabernacle, which were made by my friend/choir director for her daughter's/another friend of mine's wedding.

• Options
    I do not have anything borrowed yet either. Although recently my friend offered her garter, so may do that.
    As for old, my sister has our great-grandmother's pearls but they do not match my dress so I am having them attached to my bouquet.
  • Options
    My cousin let me borrow her wedding jewelry on my wedding day,  and I bought an old brooch at an antique store that went on my flower bouquet. Have a lovely wedding day!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards