Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Rehersal Dinner Dilemma

My venue either allows you to do rehersals Monday - Thursday or on the day of the wedding.
I am having a sunday wedding and if I do my rehersal on Thursday do I have the dinner the same night or on Saturday night knowing that all of my OOT guest will be in town.
I have also heard of people not having a rehersal at all but I am worried that not only will the bridal party look lost but so will me and my fiancee.

Any suggestions on how to handle the situation ?

Re: Rehersal Dinner Dilemma

• Why not just rehearse somewhere but the site?  I've been to many rehearsals that didn't take place at the actual ceremony location.  That way you can have the whole thing on Saturday and not even have to worry about it.

For the most part people can figure out fairly easily what they are supposed to do and where to stand, walk, etc.  I'm sure that even without rehearsal everyone would be fine.
  • I'dd also suggest rehearsing elsewhere. Or rehearse on Thursday with the BP members who are able to get there, and they can fill the rest in when they get there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Rehearse somewhere else.  Anywhere else.

Please don't make out of town guests come in early because of the rehersal.  I've had that happen to me and it made me rather angry (over cost, time off of work, etc).  I promise everyone will know what is going on at the wedding, even if you do it somewhere else.
  • My rehearsal is on a Thursday for a Saturday wedding. We're having the official RD on Friday night because then most of the OOT guests and wedding party will be there.  I told our our WP to not make their plans around the Thursday rehearsal.  We'll rehearse with the one in town attendant and any of the OOT who are there (I know 3 others had already planned on being here by then) and fill the rest in later.  HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards