Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Cake Cutting

I am having a 3 tier cake with the top layer raised, what tier do I cut first, lol?

Re: Cake Cutting

• Options
    We cut the bottom layer first. Your baker should explain all of that to you when you order.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_cake-cutting-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:325981aa-4912-4503-b7d6-7b42e2936edfPost:73a2c1f5-7ac1-4e4a-bd41-a2f1e6871223">Re: Cake Cutting</a>:
    [QUOTE]We cut the bottom layer first. Your baker should explain all of that to you when you order.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Our photographer talked us through the whole cake cutting.
    murrayed
  • Options
    My bottom layer's styrofoam, and we can't save the top tier (immediate cross country return trip, by car, followed by honeymoon, followed by international border crossing.) We're cutting the top one.
  • Options
    i would cut the middle tier then i dont think it would look right cutting the top.. good luck
  • Options
    Thank you for your help everyone. I wasn't sure on this one, I have been to many weddings but never really paid attention to the things like this, until now, haha.
  • Options
    Thanks for asking the question. I was wondering that myself!
    Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards