Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Mother-Son and Father-Daughter Dance

So I am as far from a daddy's girl as one can get and my fiance is a momma's boy.  We will have dancing at our reception and I do not want to dance with my father but he wants to dance with his mother.  What would be an easy way to do this? I will not dance with my father so please don't suggest.  Should we just do our dance and later he can dance with his mother without announcing it?

Re: Mother-Son and Father-Daughter Dance

• Options
    We aren't doing "spotlighted" dances with our parents.  They can pick the song that they want and maybe the DJ or band can announce that it goes out to him and his mom, without making it a 'everyone stops and watches' thing.  Or they can just play a song that is special to him and his mom without announcing it at all, it can just be between them. 
  • Options

i just wouldn't announce it...they can have a special dance without the mc saying anything. it will still mean a lot to him and his mom

• Options
    My FI won't be doing a mother/son dance, but I don't want that to make me feel like I can't have that special moment with my dad. And he agrees. He thinks that if I want to dance with my dad then I and my dad deserve that moment.

If that is something near and dear to his heart, just do the mother son dance, there is no reason you have to do both. It won't be wierd either. Now, if he doesn't care about it being hilighted then I would use PP's suggestions.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_mother-son-father-daughter-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:32fb6dd0-e6b1-496f-8de5-0b0a83801040Post:bbcd1fbe-31ad-42a0-8b0f-4d362b649aa0">Re: Mother-Son and Father-Daughter Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]i just wouldn't announce it...they can have a special dance without the mc saying anything. it will still mean a lot to him and his mom
    Posted by MFaust7893[/QUOTE]

This, I completely agree.
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards