Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Walking down the aisle

I've seen that a lot of father issues have been raised on this board, so I apologize if I'm totally repeating an existing conversation. But I'm having an issue with my father over my wedding and was hoping to get some advice.

My dad lives on the opposite side of the country from me, and I was basically raised by my stepdad - though my father and I have always had some form of contact. So I decided to have them both walk me down the aisle. My stepdad was honored when I told him, but when I told my father he was really hurt and basically said I had to choose. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't a reflection of our relationship, but that the reality of my life was that I had 2 father figures and I wanted to respect that. I asked him to please try to see if from my perspective and apologized for hurting him, but he's still sticking with his ultimatum. 

Have any of you been in this situation, and if so, how did you handle it? I want my father to be involved in my wedding, but I'm not willing to exclude my stepfather just to keep the peace
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards