Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Wedding ring question

im making my own bridal set with my engagement and wedding rings. I wouldn't wear my engagement ring to the ceremony, correct?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding ring question

• Options
    If you don't want to, then no.  I plan to wear my engagement ring during the wedding ceremony.
  • Options
    I'm probably going to put my e-ring on my left hand, have FI slide the wedding ring on, then during the prayer (but before we are turned around to be presented to the congregation), I'll  quickly switch the rings and put the wedding ring on first.  That's how my mom did hers and that's also how my SIL did hers.  I've also heard of some brides wearing the e-ring on the right hand, then quickly slipping it on after the wedding ring goes on.  Some don't wear the e-ring at all during the ceremony but add it later. Chalk it up to personal preference, I guess! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    I plan to wear my e- ring on my left hand and when we are on our way to the reception I will have my DH switch them around so my wedding band is closest to my heart.
  • Options
    I didn't wear mine to the ceremony because everything was soldered together.  When he put my wedding rings on, my ering came with them.
  • Options
    I am wearing my e-ring on my right hand and then will place it on my left hand once we have walked back down the aisle. This is just personal though. I won't be taking my wedding band off, I choose it so I won't have too so I like the thought of FI putting it on in the moment where it will stay.
  • Options
    This really comes down to personal preference. I kept my e-ring on my left hand during the ceremony, and switched the order of my wedding band/e-ring in the car on the way to the reception.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm going to wear my e-ring on my right hand and switch it after the ceremony.  That way the left hand is bare during the exchange of rings.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to wear my e-ring on my right hand until FI puts the band on the left hand...then he will put the e-ring on the left hand too...

S and CJ
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • Options
    I think I have a dilemma! My Fi has not bought an ering yet, which is fine. My question, is it ok to mix metals. He is set on gold, I don't want gold, I would like white gold or sterling silver, etc. Can someone please help me with this debate?;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_wedding-ring-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:4c915d33-3d48-438d-b32c-70c465551aa4Post:74135936-bc9b-4063-96d9-41b3a07e0ccf">Re: Wedding ring question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I have a dilemma! My Fi has not bought an ering yet, which is fine. My question, is it ok to mix metals. He is set on gold, I don't want gold, I would like white gold or sterling silver, etc. Can someone please help me with this debate?;)
    Posted by barbalan[/QUOTE]
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with you and your FI having different metals for your rings. It's important that you both have something you like.
  • Options
    Thank You ladies, I was gonna do it anyway, but just wanted some feed back!                
    Thanks again!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards