Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

oh the drama (just a vent)

so FI and I have basically planned the wedding on our own with some help from my parents and sister. 
His family has not been involved at all (through their own doing!). 

His cousin just now over this last weekend had asked us who was going to walk grandma (his grandma) down the aisle. 
we said nobody, she will already be sitting up front with the rest of the family. 
only the bridal party is walking down the aisle. 

his cousin got all angry because we were breaking tradition and its not right and that she is his grandma and deserves recognition... 

now this is his cousin, so this is her grandma as well. 
this cousin got married back in October and just had a courtroom thing. 
grandma was not walked down the aisle, cause there was no aisle. it was not traditional. 

we told her that well since none of this (any part of the ceremony or reception or anything) is traditional we were just going to do it our way. 

she started trying to guilt trip us and everything

hes not even close with his grandma. they dont really talk or anything.

so annoying!

I think she is maybe just trying to project onto me what she didnt get in hers.

Re: oh the drama (just a vent)

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_oh-the-drama-just-a-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:5085a37e-b9d7-4afb-b6c5-e9b694691030Post:adf7074e-0653-4b20-8a98-8630ef8c214f">oh the drama (just a vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]so FI and I have basically planned the wedding on our own with some help from my parents and sister.  His family has not been involved at all (through their own doing!).  His cousin just now over this last weekend had asked us who was going to walk grandma (his grandma) down the aisle.  we said nobody, she will already be sitting up front with the rest of the family.  only the bridal party is walking down the aisle.  his cousin got all angry because we were breaking tradition and its not right and that she is his grandma and deserves recognition...  now this is his cousin, so this is her grandma as well.  this cousin got married back in October and just had a courtroom thing.  grandma was not walked down the aisle, cause there was no aisle. it was not traditional.  we told her that well since none of this (any part of the ceremony or reception or anything) is traditional we were just going to do it our way.  she started trying to guilt trip us and everything hes not even close with his grandma. they dont really talk or anything. so annoying!<strong><font color="#0000ff"> I think she is maybe just trying to project onto me what she didnt get in hers.
    </font></strong>Posted by lilbitbeaker[/QUOTE]

That seems to be the case. You definitely called it. That and, she'd just trying to be a bossy butt-inski. Keep doing it your way and enjoy it all!
  • Options
    I would just ignore her, its none of her business. I can understand if you were doing your grandma and not his but since you are only having the bridal party walk down the aisle she shouldnt be trying to guilt trip you. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards