Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Catholic churches?

2»

Re: Catholic churches?

• Options
    As far as I know,, at least one of you does need to be Catholic in order to get married in the Church.  Some churches require you to be a member of a parish for a particular length of time before they will allow you to have your ceremony there.  Other parishes do not have a preference.  I'd talk with someone at the particular church in order to get more information.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. And our daughter has not been baptized yet. It is Something we have been discussing.
    March TTGP Siggy Challenge: Inspirational Woman (Tia Torres) imageimage image Started dating DH 06/06/2009 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers TTC #2 Implanon removed 06/18/2012Married MH 10/19/2012 BFP 11/10/2012 CP 11/11/2012 imageKryptic Mischief in the Making
  • Options
    If he thought he was Catholic his whole life he would have looked into his Baptism, First Communion (he would remember), and Confirmation (he would also remember). If he did not receive all of these then he should not have received communion, It doesn't sound like he is a very good Catholic. Sorry.
  • Options
    Agree with PPs talk to the priest if he has a sincere desire to convert and start practicing the Catholic faith. See if you guys can start attending RCIA classes. You can attend the classes and still decide not to convert, so it would be great for you both to go to learn more about the Catholic faith. However, keep in mind converting is not a quick process, so start talking to the priest as soon as you can.

Also wanted to mention that there is a Catholic Wedding board under the cultural boards. The ladies on there are very knowledgeable and can help with any questions you may have about the Catholic faith.
  • Options
    I doubt it. And if they let you you'll probably have to jump thru hoops. Catholic churches r kinda strict.I'm converting 2 lutheren but was raised catholic
  • Options
    I am so confused. Lol. I am Catholic. Born & raised. We are not getting married in a Catholic church. I had some of your same concerns as my fiancé is not Catholic & we also have children. I understand some of your points. However, at the age of 7 yes, you are fully aware. I was 7 when I received my First Communion & I knew what was going on. Also, if you have gone through Confirmation you are around 16, so there should be no wondering if you were Confirmed. You should know. To me, it doesn't sound like either of you are very serious about Catholicism & you only want to be married in the Church for venue purposes. You stated yourself that you are still debating whether or not to Baptize your child in the Catholic Church. My best advice would be to consider a different venue. It doesn't sound like you all would be doing this for the right reasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards