Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Tips for Tipping??

Help! I am the worst at trying to figure out who to tip and how much I should be tipping on the day of our wedding. Can anyone help??

We are having a catholic ceremony. Do I tip the Priest AND the Deacon AND any alter servers (AND anyone else I missed)??

Also, do I tip my vendors (photographer, limo driver, florist delivery person, videographer, DJ, etc)?

And do I tip the Maitre D extra even if our per head includes gratuities (and are there any others I should tip separately at the reception)?

Did I miss anyone/leave anyone out??

And with all these people, what are the going rates that I should be tipping?

Thanks in advance for the advise!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tips for Tipping??

• Options
    I didn't have a catholic ceremony, so I can't help you there.  But, the general rule of thumb is that you don't need to tip anyone who owns their own business.  If you do tip people, tip between 15-20%.  
  • Options
    Alter servers need to be tipped.  You should figure out if the priest and/or deacon is included in the church fee (some churches do one inclusive fee, other churches do it separately).  You should also tip the organist/cantor/other musicians unless they have a separate set fee.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • Options
    Also, do I tip my vendors (photographer, limo driver, florist delivery person, videographer, DJ, etc)?  I tipped my DJ 10%.  I would also tip the limo driver, but no to everyone else.

And do I tip the Maitre D extra even if our per head includes gratuities (and are there any others I should tip separately at the reception)?  If your service charge includes gratuity, then you are not obligated to tip, although we did tip our Maitre D $50 extra because she did such a great job.

Did I miss anyone/leave anyone out??  I also tipped my MUA (20%) and my ceremony musicians ($10 each).

And with all these people, what are the going rates that I should be tipping?  The Knot has a great tipping cheat sheet that might help you also.  It is what I used.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards