Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Pre wedding sleeping arrangements

I am planning to stay in a hotel with my 2 best friends Thursday and Friday, and our wedding is on Saturday. I'm wondering how to manage logistics.

Should I pay for the hotel room or should the 3 of us split it the nights we are together?

Saturday night I will stay in my honemoon suite. Our wedding's at 3 so I'll be getting my hair and makeup done that morning. How do I manage to move into the other hotel?

Do I move my stuff in the new hotel Saturday mornign and get ready there? Or do I get ready at my hotel with my friends and then somehow move everything over to the new room without anyone seeing me?

The rates are too expensive for me and my friends to stay at same hotel as the honemoon suite. We're only staying there because we got it as part of the package.

Re: Pre wedding sleeping arrangements

• I agree with pp. If you asked and they never said anything about it, then you should pay. If they try to split it with you, thats fine!!
  • My best friend did this when she got married.  Us girls stayed in one room together Friday night.  Saturday, we all packed up our things and checked out.  Me and the other BMs checked into our new room for Saturday night and the bride gave her stuff to one of the groomsmen and it was the groom and groomsmen job that day to go get them checked into the honeymoon suite and get their bags put in the room. She and I (I was MOH) and the other 2 BMs got ready on Saturday in my hotel room. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If this is something that you're insisting on, you should cover the cost of the room.  If it was their idea or if they have the option to stay elsewhere, you can split.

As far as switching rooms, that depends when their check-in/checkout times are.  In my experience, checkout can be anywhere from 10am-noon, while check-in is usually 2pm or later.  It's entirely possible that you may get kicked out of your weeknight room long before your honeymoon suite is ready.  You should probably call both hotels and find out what the times you're working with are, and if late checkout/early check-in are possible.  (It's very likely that they cannot guarantee early check-in, as that's dependent on when the previous occupants check out and how long it takes to get it cleaned.)  Were I in your position, I'd probably have a separate location that isn't so contingent on time prepared where you can get ready.

As far as bags, you can probably send someone over with your stuff and they can hold it at the bell desk under your name and have it sent up to your room when it's ready, that part isn't really a big deal.

If you haven't booked any of this yet, I'd really reconsider your plan, though.  This sounds really stressful.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I definitely would split it between you guys. congrats :o)
  • Thanks for all the input!

They offered to come a day early to spend girl time together and help out so they were planning on paying for this themselves and to stay in separate rooms. I thought it'd be nice if the 3 of us stayed together and they agreed.

The thing is one is going to move into her own room when her boyfriend arrives Friday. I'm thinking I should book a suite and we all split, whoever is staying in the room, only when they are staying there. Does that seem fair?

I figure on Saturday, day of the wedding, I can get ready in the suite and ask my fiance or sister in law to transport my stuff to the honeymoon suite........
    The church doesnt have a place to get ready so I'm really hoping the hotel with my honeymoon suite, where I'm also doing my reception will let us check in early.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_pre-wedding-sleeping-arrangements?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:5a43ccef-991c-4492-a3a2-3218a8e2014cPost:cf001482-5a0f-46f5-8a7e-278617e4e5b8">Re: Pre wedding sleeping arrangements</a>:
    [QUOTE]How much of a price difference are we talking? This is actually the reason I'm checking into our honeymoon suite the day before the wedding. They can't guarantee early check in and I need a day to get married. Could you all just do Friday night at the hotel and do it at the one with the honeymoon suite?
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]
    That's pretty much what we did.  They couldn't guarantee early check in because the suite we used is always booked solid, so we took it for two nights.  Even then, we got there at about 8am the day before the wedding to see about checking in, and it was about 2pm before they finally let us up.  It was definitely worth the money not to have that sort of stress on the wedding day.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards